WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

That sucks I really liked Erika and thought she was an excellent anchor at WNBC. Thought she would at least have been permanent on noon and possibly 6 on weekdays until Sibila was brought in (Not that she isn't bad or anything) But after Sibila was brought it to me it seemed like Erika would do her normal weekend gig/weekday reporting deal, and would seldom fill in on the anchor desk during the week. Although for a few days I did notice she was filling in on the weekday versions of Today in NY. Whatever station Erika lands at in Boston I'm sure she will be a great addition.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if NBC still has a camera set up behind the vertical monitor that is positioned behind the old, now secondary 'Today' desk position. That would be a good backdrop. Crappy traffic, bad weather, it just screams suckiness.

• 2 weeks later...

Pat was great last night. She had great chemistry with David and is a true professional reporter. I hope they make this permanent or promote her to a weekday spot. I'd much rather see Pat on the weekday newscast than Shiba Russell as Pat is a better anchor, has been in the New York Market for years, and is loved by the viewers.

Pat was great last night. She had great chemistry with David and is a true professional reporter. I hope they make this permanent or promote her to a weekday spot. I'd much rather see Pat on the weekday newscast than Shiba Russell as Pat is a better anchor, has been in the New York Market for years, and is loved by the viewers.

Apparently WNBC doesn't agree with you since Pat is only used as a fill-in on the weekday newscasts and Shiba was promoted to the weekday anchor position less then what 6 months after being hired on as a weekend anchor. Sibila was also hired on right away as a weekday anchor not a weekend anchor. Pat has been with the station for how long? And she's still being passed over for a weekday spot...but then again you gotta realize she's a NJ reporter so perhaps they want her to remain a weekday reporter to cover NJ stories and have her continue her role as weekend anchor albeit perhaps on the evening newscasts.

At least with Pat on at night it gets Gus back on the morning. Contessa is at least bearable when Gus is with her. Gus and Pat made for a great team for weekend mornings while Contessa was on maternity leave. I was hoping that she stayed home, but that didn't happen. I appreciate the goofiness that Gus exudes because you can tell it's sincere and he cares about his job. I think as he gains more seniority and experience through the years he could go places. Maybe they should try Contessa with David. I watch weekend TINY every weekend and would much rather Gus and Pat. I think Pat would be perfect for a weekday spot, but what she has now is a great gig. She doesn't have the daily commitment of being behind the desk, and as all true reporters say that they want to be in the field telling the stories, she can do that. I would think she makes a comfortable living as well, so why mess a good thing up if she didn't work out as planned on weekdays. She has been on Weekend TINY for a long time, probably over 10 years. That's a good run to uphold!

At least with Pat on at night it gets Gus back on the morning. Contessa is at least bearable when Gus is with her. Gus and Pat made for a great team for weekend mornings while Contessa was on maternity leave. I was hoping that she stayed home, but that didn't happen. I appreciate the goofiness that Gus exudes because you can tell it's sincere and he cares about his job. I think as he gains more seniority and experience through the years he could go places. Maybe they should try Contessa with David. I watch weekend TINY every weekend and would much rather Gus and Pat. I think Pat would be perfect for a weekday spot, but what she has now is a great gig. She doesn't have the daily commitment of being behind the desk, and as all true reporters say that they want to be in the field telling the stories, she can do that. I would think she makes a comfortable living as well, so why mess a good thing up if she didn't work out as planned on weekdays. She has been on Weekend TINY for a long time, probably over 10 years. That's a good run to uphold!

I must be in the minority because I actually like Contessa and I think that Gus should be utilized more and have a permanent anchor spot instead of just filling in. Carol Jenkins did weekends on Channel 4 for 20 years and then got promoted to weekday anchor so it is possible for Pat to get a weekday spot but I think that Pat enjoys working on weekends and is satisfied with her current role as a reporter.

I must be in the minority because I actually like Contessa and I think that Gus should be utilized more and have a permanent anchor spot instead of just filling in. Carol Jenkins did weekends on Channel 4 for 20 years and then got promoted to weekday anchor so it is possible for Pat to get a weekday spot but I think that Pat enjoys working on weekends and is satisfied with her current role as a reporter.

Exactly, I believe Pat prefers reporting during the week and anchoring on the weekends (In my opinion its the perfect gig) ...I do think that while Pat is great anywhere she goes she should be on the mornings with Gus and Contessa should anchor evenings with David.