WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

It looks nice. The updated L3's are good, it takes an already established look and enhances it. I always thought the lower thirds on Look F looked incomplete. In regards to the music, I like it. The problem with LA groove was that it had not been updated in almost 6-7 years? and it was starting to sound too boring, so this is a refreshing change.

My question is will wnbc use this new package for their newscasts? I think they should and while their at it incorporate a talent open.

I have a feeling that, at least for WNBC, Look F will be changing to this Look F.2. WCBS has premiered their graphics which i'm sure many folks have confused with the Look F.1. I think WNBC will want to stand out and Look F.2 is different enough that there will be no confusion.

The one thing that I must say is that NG 5 sounds pretty damn awesome!! I like the flute tremolo part at the beginning and the powerful french horn part.

Is the music really NBC News Collection NG5? Or could it be an updated/new theme from Groove Worx?

Have you heard the NBC Look F Orchestration demo on the GMG site? Compare the two. They are very similar. Yes. This is NG5, and will likely premiere soon to replace the KNBC News package at WNBC.

Have you heard the NBC Look F Orchestration demo on the GMG site? Compare the two. They are very similar. Yes. This is NG5, and will likely premiere soon to replace the KNBC News package at WNBC.

I don't hear the similarities aside from the NBC chimes. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks/months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Erika Tarentel is leaving WNBC to go to Boston. Final broadcast is tonight at 11pm.

My guess is after Rob and Sibila joined weekdays, she said "I have no future at WNBC" and went and found an opportunity elsewhere. I don't blame her if thats why.

My guess is either Contessa or Gus take her spot.