WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Contessa Brewer was using an iPad tonight instead of using a paper script. Is this NBC trying to go green?

WTAJ is doing this in Altoona/Johnstown, PA. I've seen a few more stations do this. I've heard about some stations using a mouse to scroll through trough the teleprompter by themselves at their own speed. Maybe the iPad is the same type of deal.

Brynn Gingras is anchoring News 4 at 7pm. Is there no regular anchor for the 7pm newscast?

Not since Chuck was taken off of it. Anchors have been on a rotating basis since. Seems like the 7PM is the tryout slot.

• 1 month later...

1009827_10151586622197875_240706904_n.jpg

Judging from this image, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151586622197875&set=a.10151586620852875.1073741827.254253402874&type=1&theater, 7E is dismantled, to any who was wondering.

However, the other day, the box graphics shown between 3C and newsroom said something quite different.

[ATTACH]1219.IPB[/ATTACH]

I thought the "control room" was studio 7K or is that newsroom still considered 7E?

165857358_ScreenShot2013-06-06at5_18_35PM.thumb.png.0761e106612f5da5a59d8ef95a6f171a.png

• 1 month later...

Has WNBC decided what is going to happen to the 2p.m. time slot yet?

Not sure if they have, but the TV listings on their website show a double dose of Steve Harvey. If they don't do the 4pm newscast, perhaps they can expand the noon news and New York Live to an hour each?

• 3 weeks later...

1009827_10151586622197875_240706904_n.jpg

Judging from this image, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151586622197875&set=a.10151586620852875.1073741827.254253402874&type=1&theater, 7E is dismantled, to any who was wondering.

However, the other day, the box graphics shown between 3C and newsroom said something quite different.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-06-06 at 5.18.35 PM.png

I thought the "control room" was studio 7K or is that newsroom still considered 7E?

It looks like they also ripped out the "star wars" vertical line panels too. Good riddance to those!

It's likely the entire newsroom is designated "7E", and I think that standup location is just behind the assignment desk in front of the windows looking in on the control room.

Some nice pictures of the old setup can be found here, just click Work then NBCUniversal - Broadcast (the cameraman silhouette) under 2007.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just now noticed this, but was watching the 5 PM newscast, and Tom & Shiba were still sitting at the desk when they tossed to Chuck & Sibila who are sitting at a different desk. Is this something new for the 6 PM newscast?

It was on a different set tonight for the mayoral debates.

EDIT: Mayoral debates is in 3C.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember if the picture of the original configuration of the WNBC 3C set ever got out, but in case it didn't, I found this photo of shortly after it was dismantled. The original configuration had 24 46" thin-bezel monitors making up a massive monitor wall where the vertical plasmas are now. The set was finished, lit, and cameras were starting to be moved in when the decision to redo it came down. The monitors put into crates and wheeled away.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/9924444486/

I don't remember if the picture of the original configuration of the WNBC 3C set ever got out, but in case it didn't, I found this photo of shortly after it was dismantled. The original configuration had 24 46" thin-bezel monitors making up a massive monitor wall where the vertical plasmas are now. The set was finished, lit, and cameras were starting to be moved in when the decision to redo it came down. The monitors put into crates and wheeled away.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/9924444486/

Dang that's a tiny studio!

I'm able to watch WNBC through DirecTV and I usually watch the 5PM hour of News 4 New York. I've noticed new cuts of music and new promo graphics. I've really only seen the graphics in promos, but the new music cuts extend to stings and bumpers during newscasts.

Any info on other stations changing things up?

I dont often watch WNBC, but I have seen new stuff in their promos and etc. It doesn't sound like the LA Groove and I'm speculating it is part of the new Gari package that sounds like LA Groove as seen on their demo "Look F orchestral". The graphics don't seem like the original look f either, guessing they're an update.