WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

Yes, the have a new Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/StormTeam4NY). In one of their photos, it shows a picture of only Miranda, Huff and Cimino shooting a a new promo.

Does anyone have video of the newscast from two night ago? Apparently, Davis was drunk on air. This coming from comments from the above posted TVSpy article and some comments on Facebook.

Yes, the have a new Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/StormTeam4NY). In one of their photos, it shows a picture of only Miranda, Huff and Cimino shooting a a new promo.

Does anyone have video of the newscast from two night ago? Apparently, Davis was drunk on air. This coming from comments from the above posted TVSpy article and some comments on Facebook.

Something was up with her. She was stumbling and slurring her words.

Erika is on with Tom at 12pm today.

Though WNBC has not made any official announcement, Erika has moved to 6pm and 11pm weekends.

She is on some weekdays at 12pm solo or with Tom.

Contessa is on Weekend Today In New York and is on some weekdays solo or with Tom at 12pm.

A lot of adjustments needs to be made, specifically to matching talent. personalities. Personally, I DONT see Tom Illamas as a anchor. When I see Tom, I see Richard Engle. Tom reports the news better then covering it....feel me? Just because you make a good reporter, doesnt make you a good anchor. Tom needs to get back to reporting, and into investigation stories. I think Gus Rosendale will match up well with SHiba, then Janice and my main man - SCOTT STANFORD. Bruce needs to ADVANCE to NBC Sports. He is way to talented for local. I am really looking forward to seeing what moves he makes. Domenica couldnt connect. She dragged out her words, and talked to much. dont get me wrong, she was fine....but, when she gets on, i dont follow. David Ushery needs to advnace also. I cant believe MSNBC hasnt picked him up. The match up with him and Ericka is wassup. Ericka is hot. she gets to stay. love her. fits in well. however, david is over qualified for the weekends, and because he is so good, they wont let him go. so were are the going to put him? hes just lost in the shuffle. He should replace Chuck, in some cases I can never understand him sometimes. Its like a muffle. Anyway, as you can see I am a TV NEWS junkie, but I like 4NY because they are fair media. I trust them. I wish they hire me. I am praying for my big break.

• 1 month later...

They're on at 4:00 again today cause of the storm.. I caught about 5mins of it just now and the backdrop is a view looking down on rockerfeller center towards the rink.. I guess they lost the other feed but this view is actually pretty nice I think they should use it instead of the skyline especially with Christmas coming.

They're on at 4:00 again today cause of the storm.. I caught about 5mins of it just now and the backdrop is a view looking down on rockerfeller center towards the rink.. I guess they lost the other feed but this view is actually pretty nice I think they should use it instead of the skyline especially with Christmas coming.

But they need to change the angle, it should be aimed more upward...looking out at the plaza, not straight down at the rink.

But they need to change the angle, it should be aimed more upward...looking out at the plaza, not straight down at the rink.

the angle was terrible. it didn't feel like a "window" like the rooftop does. Also, there has been times already that they will use a still image from the roof during poor conditions, such as the hurricane.

• 2 months later...

They're expanding the Sunday 11pm newscasts to one hour, Saturdays will remain at 29 minutes due to SNL.

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/no-expanding-weekend-for-wcbs-wnbc-joins-wabc-with-longer-sunday-nights_b74118

Not a surprise to me. I was wondering for a while when they will drop "Mike'd Up" since Francesca left in July 2011.

• 1 month later...
Contessa Brewer filling in for Shiba. She is leaps and bounds better and that's not saying much. Her and Tom have great chemistry.

Agreed. If she could get a permanent noontime spot, that would be gold.