WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

19 hours ago, NowBergen said:

That I get. Especially with another new studio launched yesterday in 6A for Kelly Clarkson.

6A actually launched earlier than Monday.  Yes, it hit the air Monday but it was a live studio prior to that as Kelly tapes about a week in advance. The season premiere that aired on Monday was taped on October 10. 

But the launch of 6A has very little connection to 3B. If you were looking for a studio launch that could impact WNBC, look to the other half of the studio. With WNBC and WNJU sharing 3B, you are bringing two spaces online at the same time. Not to mention the logistical hurdles associated with moving WNJU into 30 Rock.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, carolinanews4 said:

6A actually launched earlier than Monday.  Yes, it hit the air Monday but it was a live studio prior to that as Kelly tapes about a week in advance. The season premiere that aired on Monday was taped on October 10. 

But the launch of 6A has very little connection to 3B. If you were looking for a studio launch that could impact WNBC, look to the other half of the studio. With WNBC and WNJU sharing 3B, you are bringing two spaces online at the same time. Not to mention the logistical hurdles associated with moving WNJU into 30 Rock.  

So the telemundo side of 3B doesn’t debut until next year. 

Appear to still be in 3k as of the 11am show today (10/26) but it very well could be in 3b

has it been confirmed that they are replicating the 3k set in 3b, or should viewers expect a change? 

Edited by Jman7885

They showed a bit more of the studio during NY Live. Everything you see that is a gray/white peacock appears to be LED. I say that because during the 11A news,  they were filled with a blueish peacock motif. The floor has thin gold bars around the parameter which is reminiscent of the floors on the main level of 30 Rock. That is a nice touch but it is a bit too subtle for most viewers. Unless you worked in the building, you probably wouldn't even notice it. 

The main news desk (which you can see part of in the lower right of the bump shot) is more substantial than the previous desk. The lighting appears to be much improved in 3B. For me, it is a clean but uninspired design. I was hoping for something with a bit more of a local feel. Something akin to WRC's studio. That space, while also modest in size, incorporated some local touches like the stone and the map. WNBC's studio feels like the WBTS studio which is ascetically clean but lacking in local personality.

Having said all of that, the space seems nicer than 3K. I always felt like that space was underutilized.  

wnbc-1.jpg

wnbc-2.jpg

• Like 2