WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

3 hours ago, SnellKrell said:

Yup!

No one at the station cares about the wonderful tradition that has been part of New York broadcasting for

so many decades.

Last year, when Covid restrictions had already began to ease, WNBC chose not to produce the "Holdiay Song"

outdoors.  When I questioned management about this, the excuse was that the Prometheus Fountain area was

in the midst of alterations.  Surely, there were other outdoor locations that could have been used.  But no one

seemed to care!

Also, last year, was the first and only time that the music chosen was a "Christmas Song," not the longstanding

policy to only use "Holiday Songs."  When I pointed this out to management, the response was "Really?"

Ignorance and Apathy rule supreme at 30 Rock!

Oh you're big mad about this. 

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, SnellKrell said:

Yup!

No one at the station cares about the wonderful tradition that has been part of New York broadcasting for

so many decades.

Last year, when Covid restrictions had already began to ease, WNBC chose not to produce the "Holdiay Song"

outdoors.  When I questioned management about this, the excuse was that the Prometheus Fountain area was

in the midst of alterations.  Surely, there were other outdoor locations that could have been used.  But no one

seemed to care!

Also, last year, was the first and only time that the music chosen was a "Christmas Song," not the longstanding

policy to only use "Holiday Songs."  When I pointed this out to management, the response was "Really?"

Ignorance and Apathy rule supreme at 30 Rock!

There has been a recent uptick in COVID cases in NYC to where the health department is recommending masks both indoors and outdoors. Also, NBCUniversal is in the middle of layoff/buyouts at the present moment. If anything, WNBC may just switch to a taped performance out of an abundance of caution and cost-cutting. It's not the end of the world. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYTV said:

There has been a recent uptick in COVID cases in NYC to where the health department is recommending masks both indoors and outdoors. Also, NBCUniversal is in the middle of layoff/buyouts at the present moment. If anything, WNBC may just switch to a taped performance out of an abundance of caution and cost-cutting. It's not the end of the world. 

It’s the youth group that performed at the tree lighting.  They won a contest for youth choirs.  I think it’s great they are getting this exposure. Congratulations to them for their hard work. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 10:30 AM, NowBergen said:

It’s the youth group that performed at the tree lighting.  They won a contest for youth choirs.  I think it’s great they are getting this exposure. Congratulations to them for their hard work. 

Speaking of this, the choir director was on "The Kelly Clarkson Show" 2 weeks ago, and they aired a clip of the performance used in the promo. The clip is at 1:24 of the video. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there an official anchor for 7pm or a rotating arrangement?

NBC New York.com doesn't list 7pm under David or Natalie's profiles, and doesn't list any specific news time under Chuck's. 

WNBC might aswell Give 7:00 to Chuck & Adam. David & Natalie have enough newscasts, and Adam could be a reliable solo at 7 on the days Chuck is absent. 

Edited by iron_lion

25 minutes ago, iron_lion said:

Existe uma âncora oficial para as 19h ou um arranjo rotativo?

O NBC New York.com não lista as 19h nos perfis de David ou Natalie, e não lista nenhum horário de notícias específico nos perfis de Chuck. 

WNBC também pode dar 7:00 para Chuck e Adam. David e Natalie têm noticiários suficientes, e Adam pode ser um solo confiável às 7 nos dias em que Chuck está ausente. 

It's rotary. It always switches between David and Natalie. Chuck anchors sometimes at 7pm. I would find it better to put Adam at 5 pm and 7 pm and take him out at 11 am.

• Like 1

WNBC has never taken this broadcast seriously!

When the station first announced the program, the promos told the audience that this half-hour would allow

WNBC News to dig deeper into stories that affected the Metropolitan Area.

Sounds good doesn't it?

Then what does WNBC do?  The Friday telecast is cut in half.  And what goes into the other 15 minutes?

Can you believe it?  Sara Gore and New York Live.

How ludicrous!!!!!!!

So much for a deeper dive into issues.

It's a joke!!!!!!

55 minutes ago, SnellKrell said:

WNBC has never taken this broadcast seriously!

When the station first announced the program, the promos told the audience that this half-hour would allow

WNBC News to dig deeper into stories that affected the Metropolitan Area.

Sounds good doesn't it?

Then what does WNBC do?  The Friday telecast is cut in half.  And what goes into the other 15 minutes?

Can you believe it?  Sara Gore and New York Live.

How ludicrous!!!!!!!

So much for a deeper dive into issues.

It's a joke!!!!!!

51 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

It’s also just a rehash of the 6pm news with more ad breaks since there’s no sports report.

4 & 11 pm typically sees David and Natalie rotating solo rather than consistently having them anchor the broadcast together. The same with Darlene & Michael/Pat & Gus on TINY. Feels very disjointed.

Simple lineup:

Adam & Rayna 11am & 4pm

David & Natalie 5 & 11pm

Chuck & Somebody other than above 6&7pm

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 1

I don't understand why Adam is solo for an hour newscast at 5pm but 6pm has two anchors? 

My lineup would be... 

TINY: Darlene and Michael 

11am and 5pm: Adam and Rana or Gilma 

4pm, 7pm and 11pm: David and Natalie

6pm: Chuck solo.  

Also, when an anchor is absent, another anchor should fill in. It's more noticeable that the other anchor is absent when there's only one. 

Edited by B2r4a6n

6 hours ago, MorningNews said:

Também é apenas uma repetição do noticiário das 18h com mais intervalos comerciais, já que não há reportagem esportiva.

Who says there are no sports? hahahaha

Even John Chandler has done the 7pm news. What a mess!

Edited by TheNewsTV

36 minutes ago, B2r4a6n said:

I don't understand why Adam is solo for an hour newscast at 5pm but 6pm has two anchors? 

My lineup would be... 

Also, when an anchor is absent, another anchor should fill in. It's more noticeable that the other anchor is absent when there's only one. 

I like this lineup. It's simpler than my suggestions. The only issuse with making Chuck a solo anchor is I don't believe he  works 5 days a week. He'd need a co anchor to keep that slot consistent rather than rotating subs. 

News stations these days negelect that consistency of personalities is key for daytime television. People --maybe less so now-- tune in for who is reporting the news just as much as the news itself. When the anchor line up shifts frequently or has as rotating solos like WNBC, it throws things off. 

A common problem today is that stations have ten dozen newscasts but only want to stretch them between about 3 anchors. 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Roadgeek Adam said:

Wonder if he is on the buyouts from NBC. Wouldn't surprise me. 

In one of the articles I read, the VP of News for WNBC stated he wanted to retire a few years ago, but, she was able to talk him out of it then (with the pandemic and other continuing major stories).  This time he was ready to retire.  I'm not sure if the NBC cuts have hit WNBC with any on camera staff.  Where LA and DC hit some key long timers, it's been quiet and relatively stable here.  It may be one reason they have never given Adam a co-anchor at 5 or Gilma a co-anchor on weekends.

• Like 2

I *speculate* they'll let Chuck make 50 years or break the longest running anchor in America record. NBC then might buy him out, or he might opt to retire after achieving one of those. Ether way, no rush, he should stay as long as he can. 

Edited by MediaZone4K
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, MediaZone4K said:

I *speculate* they'll let Chuck make 50 years or break the longest running anchor in America record. NBC then might buy him out, or he might opt to retire after achieving one of those. Ether way, no rush, he should stay as long as he can. 

He's almost 81. I feel like 50th anniversary (next year), will be the determination time how much longer. He's only doing the 6pm broadcast as is. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know the status of the new studios for News4NY and Telemundo47?  Any timing?  From some plans that were posted last year, I'm assuming it will have some elements from WRC (the circular look).

• Like 4

On 2/12/2023 at 6:07 PM, B2r4a6n said:

My lineup would be... 

You win. Per her IG, Gilma Avalos will be co-anchoring 11am and 5pm with Adam. Rana Novini will be taking over weekends.