WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

Sunday Natalie was subbing at 6 PM and anchoring from home tonight. Matt is in studio for weather.

Monday for Today In New York, Maria was back in studio. Michael was co-anchoring from home.

Edited by IceManNYR

18 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Yeah, I wonder if its because the Olympics are happening this year.

yes, NBC O&Os include the Olympic Rings from January through the Olympics in Olympic years.  They were part of the lower thirds last year until the Olympics were postponed.  It does mean they will be included two years in a row assuming this year's proceed as planned.

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, IceManNYR said:

Janice Huff and Matt Brickman are on the 11 PM newscast for storm coverage.

They have been on the air continuously since 11 am.  Beginning with TINY they have had 2 meteorologists on continuously.   Matt is the only one not used today so far, but I suspect he will be on later.

32 minutes ago, NowBergen said:

Who knows?   It also happened from 11-3 yesterday, plus at 5, as well as today at 5.  Rana Novini has been substituting for over a year on various newscasts, so if it was permanent I would think it would have happened already.   

It is strange, though, that WNBC has a solo anchor, Adam Kuperstein, at 11am and 5pm. Less strange at 11, but not too common to have a solo anchor at 5pm for an hour long newscast. 

They should just give him a co-anchor for 11&5, have that be the solid team for both slots. Utilize another solid co anchor for Gilma on the weekends.

Things have become very mix and match recently. I recall in the past a common trend among stations was an anchor duo that did both morning and noon, a different duo that only did 5:00, then a another duo that covered both 6 & 11. 

Edited by iron_lion

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, instead of when at home, and Janice sitting down, it appears that the station went

for a few bucks and unfurled the green.  She can now do some of the meteorologist

choreography.

I can't keep up with Chuck's and Janice's locations - and don't get me started again on 

the idiocy of Adam K. only showing up on Saturday at 11 when there's a new SNL.

That one remains the enigma of the ages!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Last night Chuck and Natalie were standing next to each other behind the lucite desk.  This morning Michael and Darlene were sitting on stools behind the desk.  Both Maria and Lauren were standing next to them.  They mentioned it was the first time they were all close to each other in a long time.  WNBC ended the social distancing yesterday pm.  Adam and Janice were standing next to each other to introduce weather segments.  

They "promoted" the 7 pm newscast last night, but did not say anything about anchors. The basically showed a graphic and said a new way to watch News4 begins Monday with News4 at 7.  That was it.  The lack of promotion, no statement on anchors makes me wonder if this is just a filler until they find a more permanent solution for the fall.  This is a big departure from how they launched the 4 pm newscast.  The last time they had the 7 pm, it moved to Cozi and used a range of reporters as anchors.  I guess we won't find out until Monday. 

3 hours ago, NowBergen said:

Last night Chuck and Natalie were standing next to each other behind the lucite desk.  This morning Michael and Darlene were sitting on stools behind the desk.  Both Maria and Lauren were standing next to them.  They mentioned it was the first time they were all close to each other in a long time.  WNBC ended the social distancing yesterday pm.  Adam and Janice were standing next to each other to introduce weather segments.  

They "promoted" the 7 pm newscast last night, but did not say anything about anchors. The basically showed a graphic and said a new way to watch News4 begins Monday with News4 at 7.  That was it.  The lack of promotion, no statement on anchors makes me wonder if this is just a filler until they find a more permanent solution for the fall.  This is a big departure from how they launched the 4 pm newscast.  The last time they had the 7 pm, it moved to Cozi and used a range of reporters as anchors.  I guess we won't find out until Monday. 

In 1994 and 1996 I think they used the news as a filler in the 7pm time slot during the summer. I think in 1994 it was for the whole hour and in 1996 it was from 730 to 8 before AH debuted.

Anyone have a clue on which studio in 30 Rock is this set located in? My wild guess is this is one of the insert studio somewhere inside Newsroom 7E , where they do the morning Live Updates throughout the Today show in this set.

Oh and don't be confused that this is WRC from the "NEWS 4" writings, it's WNBC.

It’s time for them to get back their actual desk or an entire studio remodel to take it a step further. WCBS has the best set in the market right now, I’d say WNYW is the only one that comes close.

Edited by iron_lion
  • Like 1