WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

6 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

Morgan Radford works for the network.  Would she want to leave?   Maybe she like to travel?

Right. Maybe to be an anchor. She might. Another possibility is Darlene leaving TINY if she’s tried if the hours. Gilma probably makes the most sense. David solo I suppose could be an outside possibility as well.

12 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

Morgan Radford works for the network.  Would she want to leave?   Maybe she like to travel?

I don't think they will add somebody to co-anchor with David at this time. Knowing there staff budget is fine. Rana, Gilma, Jen and Adam constantly fill in when David is off for 11am and then 5pm.

2 hours ago, IceManNYR said:

They have been running a promo this week about Chuck returning to the studio.

Wonder when Today In New York has both anchors in studio?

The promo began airing when Chuck returned to 30 Rock last week.  He is also standing throughout the news cast as well.  

Darlene is on vacation this week.    I'm assuming when she returns, she will be in the studio as all other anchor teams now are.

On 7/18/2020 at 11:34 PM, Newsjunker95 said:

It looks like it's going to start happening little by little. Hopefully Michael, Darlene, David, Stefan, Chuck and Natalie will get back to normal with the studio with the six-feet distance.

Screenshot_20200718-230059_Chrome Beta.jpg

Today In New York still has one anchor at home.

WNBC-DT_20200727_0359.thumb.jpg.f3913d0d3508c97ea8939e86548102b2.jpg

4 hours ago, IceManNYR said:

vlcsnap-2020-07-28-04h06m51s693.thumb.png.8d4096627fe2914111885e5908603354.png

The Today In New York team are all in studio as of today,

vlcsnap-2020-07-28-04h17m02s261.thumb.png.788aab18e06e4bc4ee1ce64cd5e0fed2.png

Are any of the other WNBC newscasts using this area of the studio?

Haven't seen this set up yet...Wonder if they will start using it for other newscasts. Looks like the space where the interview area is with the couches removed. 

3 minutes ago, B2r4a6n said:

Haven't seen this set up yet...Wonder if they will start using it for other newscasts. Looks like the space where the interview area is with the couches removed. 

I noticed that.  It's also the desk and area used for NY Live.  We'll see tonight at 4 or 6 if they use it.

On 7/23/2020 at 5:49 PM, NowBergen said:

The promo began airing when Chuck returned to 30 Rock last week.  He is also standing throughout the news cast as well.  

Darlene is on vacation this week.    I'm assuming when she returns, she will be in the studio as all other anchor teams now are.

I'm so glad he's healthy and safe. We need Chuck! We need him in 2024 so he can mark 50 years at WNBC. He is more than an icon, he is a LEGEND, not just in New York but in the entire broadcasting industry. Keeping him safe at home was a good temporary move so that he can continue to anchor at 6:00 p.m. on WNBC for years to come.

34 minutes ago, Newsjunker95 said:

Where is Dace Price? He has been off since last Thursday

C'mon, be better. 1. His name is Dave, and 2. It's summer. He's just taking some time off. 5 days off-air isn't enough to file a missing person report.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 24994J said:

C'mon, be better. 1. His name is Dave, and 2. It's summer. He's just taking some time off. 5 days off-air isn't enough to file a missing person report.

Hi there, my mistake for the misspelling. Just edited the threat. 

Just read a very strange story -

Stefan Holt is moving back to WMAQ in Chicago!!!!!

He'll be back in his old hometown in October.

Was he and his family homesick?

Makes no sense - he's been viewed as the heir apparent to Chuck Scarborough.

6 minutes ago, SnellKrell said:

Just read a very strange story -

Stefan Holt is moving back to WMAQ in Chicago!!!!!

He'll be back in his old hometown in October.

Was he and his family homesick?

Makes no sense - he's been viewed as the heir apparent to Chuck Scarborough.

I'm shocked.  I just read the story on TV Newscheck.  I guess for whatever reason NBC determined he needed to be back in Chicago.  I wonder how WNBC reshuffles, does David get 4 and 11, and Kuperstein gets noon and 5, or does David stay where he is and Kuperstein gets 4 and 11.  I imagine it's up to what David wants.  I imagine if WNBC has identified who will be the 5 pm coanchor, they'll need to determine who has the best chemistry.