WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

On 1/1/2012 at 2:13 AM, Smitha A said:

NEWS 4 MUSIC THEME

Are there any collectors of news themes on here? I have collected them since 1979 and have great copies of some but lack most of the WNBC News 4 package from 1980 - 1988. I have some clean cuts of the music, like the open, a few bumpers and the close. I also have complete packages from other stations but I have been searching for the News 4 music since I was 16! Help me out?

This morning, Darlene Rodriquez began co-anchoring TINY from home, along with weather reports from Mara LaRosa.  Both Michael Gargiulo and in a separate area, Lauren Scala (traffic) were in studio.

Edited by NowBergen

17 minutes ago, SnellKrell said:

The other way around, as of this morning, Darlene was in Studio 3K and Michael was at home.

Yup, messed that up.  It was early this morning....

You do wonder if at some point they will transition to both at home as well.

13 hours ago, IceManNYR said:

WNBC has improved the video for the talent at home. The color of the video from Maria looked a bit off and it was adjusted this morning.WNBC-DT_20200408_0459.thumb.jpg.63cf21c824b4c5885733c2c3b7907410.jpgWNBC-DT_20200410_0359.thumb.jpg.82750315d4c60532ed5889e1bdef2782.jpg

Looks like they added lighting. WNBC probably had to wait to get additional light kits for remote talent.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AA55 said:

Does anyone know why they are anchoring NOT from the set beginning with the 4pm today? Are they updating the set?

Looks like Tina Fey is broadcasting live from studio 3K for the relief benefit special across all the local networks. 

51 minutes ago, anthonyz said:

Not only their using the studio but the crawl looks like from Look N graphics from the WNBC newscasts. 

85CB4D39-DC2A-44DF-B091-3431D86CECDB.png

I'm sure it has been discussed before, but WOW!! WNBCs news studio is tiny (no pun intended).

Edited by FiveNews

1 hour ago, FiveNews said:

I'm sure it has been discussed before, but WOW!! WNBCs news studio is tiny (no pun intended).

It’s actually relatively large. According to NBC’s studio listing page it’s 4,170 sq FT. The largest studio I’d have to guess belongs to KABC where they have two 7,000 square foot sound stages and KABC’s set actually is circular and sits in the center leaving a good bit unoccupied.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rkolsen said:

It’s actually relatively large. According to NBC’s studio listing page it’s 4,170 sq FT. The largest studio I’d have to guess belongs to KABC where they have two 7,000 square foot sound stages and KABC’s set actually is circular and sits in the center leaving a good bit unoccupied.

Not to be that guy, but studio size ≠ set size.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There will never be a better set then from 1980 to about 89. News for New York in studio 6B which is now Jimmy Fallon. The set head depth and was interesting all around. Even though it was relatively a small space the right camera angles and lines is provided a depth of field and a ability to focus out of the background. If anybody has a clean copy of the music from that time I have been looking for it for about 30 years.

• Like 1

6B is hardly a relatively small space - if that's what meant.  In fact, depending upon whose measurements

you want to use, 6B's floor space is more than a 1,000 square feet larger than 3K's!

More than likely, the only reason the local station was able to use this network studio was that NBC Telesales

couldn't rent it out to an outside entity.