WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

12 hours ago, zasnynews said:

When did WNBC start a 7pm newscast?

The guide still shows Access Hollywood but News 4 at 7 has been on all week.

I’d have guessed this was impeachment related but it’s a standard newscast... no special coverage.

I'm going to go with the consensus that it is only for impeachment coverage. However, if not all the NBC O&O's have some sort of "special coverage" this week. Let's see if the 7PM newscast expands to next week with all the O&O's including WNBC.

1 hour ago, Spintech33 said:

I'm going to go with the consensus that it is only for impeachment coverage. However, if not all the NBC O&O's have some sort of "special coverage" this week. Let's see if the 7PM newscast expands to next week with all the O&O's including WNBC.

A 7PM newscast would not work at WMAQ or KXAS because that is when network programming starts. Chicago and DFW already have 6PM newscasts which is the 7PM equivalent to the east coast stations. 

9 minutes ago, NBC 5 Chicago said:

A 7PM newscast would not work at WMAQ or KXAS because that is when network programming starts. Chicago and DFW already have 6PM newscasts which is the 7PM equivalent to the east coast stations. 

You are correct on that.  For right now be grateful that MSNBC is taking over with all day impeachment coverage. However, from what I'm observing the O&O's are doing the actual 1PM coverage until local news in the afternoon (From what I saw yesterday with WNBC)  They cut into the impeachment coverage to do news at 4, 5, and 6. Again, uncertain if they did a 7PM newscast for re-cap.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this new addition had better journalistic chops than another recent hire, Myles Miller.

Last week, Miller did a standup, reporting on a heinous crime, there he was, his eyeglasses propped

on the top of his head, referring constantly to the police as "the cops."

UGH!  We deserve better!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, j.wer said:

I dont know if I missed it but what's become of Stacey Bell?

Her bio is still up and her Twitter feed is active. I suspect she is taking time off to be with her husband now that the NFL season is over.  A bi-coastal marriage is not easy. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2020 at 7:31 PM, B2r4a6n said:

WNBC will also air a full hour at 11pm tonight since late night shows are in repeats. 

Questions: once the pandemic subdues, will those newscast(s) remain in near future, at least at 7:00? It just kind of make All Access (Access Hollywood's spinoff) a bit more redundant, no? Will NBC afford to push late night start to midnight permanently?

WNBC is acting responsibly, more than I can say for WCBS.  Channel 2 is either not pre-empting the network

for important NY state and city virus related news, or is joining-in-progress as it did this morning.  "Tiffany" is

showing tarnish these days!

4 minutes ago, justin2kx said:

Questions: once the pandemic subdues, will those newscast(s) remain in near future, at least at 7:00? It just kind of make All Access (Access Hollywood's spinoff) a bit more redundant, no? Will NBC afford to push late night start to midnight permanently?

Once we're back to "normal," the schedule will follow suit.

1 hour ago, justin2kx said:

I could see the 7pm newscast become permanent...but no way the hour long 11pm news stays...NBC is doing it to compete with ABC which temporarily moved Nightline back to 11:35. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JoseRM303 said:

Stacey Bell posted on her instagram that today is her last day at WNBC. Heading out to LA to be closer to her husband.

Ok, who do we have our money on? Gilma Avalos? Jen Maxfield? Rana Novini? or someone from outside wnbc? With everything going on, they'll probably wait a little while to announce a replacement. 

8 minutes ago, IceManNYR said:

Chuck Scarborough and Janice Huff are working from home.

2020-03-26 (10).png

2020-03-26 (13).png

Dave Price and Bruce Beck switched to "from home" the last few days too. Part of reducing the density of people at 30 Rock.  

Last night at 11 Stefan Holt was broadcasting either from his home or his dad's. John Chandler did sports from an empty newsroom , whereas earlier in the week Bruce Beck had switched to at home.  This morning Rafael Miranda also was broadcasting from home.  On Saturday Today, Dave Price has been filling in for Dylan Dreyer who is on family leave.  Like yesterday on News 4, he broadcast from home.  It seems NBC is being much more aggressive at getting on air folks out of 30 Rock and setting them up at home.  Both Holts seem to have been set up with green screens, the rest including Chuck Scarborough, Janet Huff and Maria LaRosa from home offices or dens.  I assume space, ability to be separate from spouses, kids, and pets (except fish as in Price's case)  and capabilities (space for lighting, cameras, teleprompter, high speed connection, etc)  for each on air person is taken into consideration as to who can broadcast remotely or not.  After all this is done with, it would be interesting to see how they were able to pull all this off.

• Like 1