WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:22 PM, NowBergen said:

If true that leaves two big holes to fill - 2 pm and 7 pm.  Previously they said it was replacing Steve Harvey.   If the rumors of a 7 pm newscast are true would they do local at 7 or be like WRC and do a full hour of local at 6 and Nightly at 7.  They were doing this in the 80s. 

WRC does a good job with that.. News 4-7 than nightly news.  Hopefully WNBC goes back to that format.

I haven't heard too about Access being renewed or cancelled.  

33 minutes ago, Spintech33 said:

WRC does a good job with that.. News 4-7 than nightly news.  Hopefully WNBC goes back to that format.

I haven't heard too about Access being renewed or cancelled.  

The only change to Access is that it has added Mario Lopez as Natalie Morales' replacement on both the Live version at 1 and the evening show, as had been rumored long before her status changed.  Access is produced by NBC stations so it is not going anywhere.  Extra then filled the open spot with Billy Bush as well as the move to Fox Stations Group.  

On 8/6/2019 at 8:12 AM, Spintech33 said:

Thank You for pointing that out for me. I rushed it a little too quickly. However, you are correct. I say mid-September for his start.

https://wccoradio.radio.com/media/audio-channel/matt-brickman-heading-nyc

In this interview, Matt Brickman officially confirms that he will be the weekend evening meteorologist at WNBC. I’m not sure this was officially reported anywhere else before now. 

1 minute ago, bc485 said:

https://wccoradio.radio.com/media/audio-channel/matt-brickman-heading-nyc

In this interview, Matt Brickman officially confirms that he will be the weekend evening meteorologist at WNBC. I’m not sure this was officially reported anywhere else before now. 

You might be on point with this. Not even FTV has reported this portion yet. FTV has only reported that he will be going to WNBC. However, no official start date to be announced. As others eluded that it is a mid-September start date. However, stay tuned.

2 hours ago, Spintech33 said:

You might be on point with this. Not even FTV has reported this portion yet. FTV has only reported that he will be going to WNBC. However, no official start date to be announced. As others eluded that it is a mid-September start date. However, stay tuned.

He tweeted that his first day is September 9th, but that doesn’t mean it will be his first day on air.

Extra is  NOT being replaced by news.  Access Hollywood is moving to 7 and will be live.   At 7:30 will be All Access.  Access Live is changing its title to Access Daily.  Click the article for full details. 

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/top-news/238181/new-season-changes-to-nbcs-access-franchise/?utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=New+Season%2c+Changes+To+NBC’s+‘Access’+Franchise&utm_campaign=Stations+Expand+Social+Media+News+Tools

30 minutes ago, Colortini said:

Way too much Access Hollywood.  It’s turning into the daytime version of Dateline when it used to be on multiple nights! 😂

I can’t help but wonder if All Access was quickly developed when the NBC O&Os realized they had no replacement for Extra.  

• 2 weeks later...

Former WNBC reporter Kerry Barrett has started her own business doing media training and consulting.

https://kerrybarrettconsulting.com

Also this promo just ran on WNBC: "The only all local morning team is on Today In New York".

What does that mean?  Who on the other morning newscasts are not local to the tri-state area?

Edited by IceManNYR

21 minutes ago, IceManNYR said:

Former WNBC reporter Kerry Barrett has started her own business doing media training and consulting.

https://kerrybarrettconsulting.com

Also this promo just ran on WNBC: "The only all local morning team is on Today In New York".

What does that mean?  Who on the other morning newscasts are not local to the tri-state area?

I saw that.. I was thinking it’s a hit at WABC with Sam Champion splitting time between NY and Fri Sat Sun in Florida.. not really sure tho lol 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RealNews18 said:

I saw that.. I was thinking it’s a hit at WABC with Sam Champion splitting time between NY and Fri Sat Sun in Florida.. not really sure tho lol 

I think it is just promoting that their full morning team were born and bred in the New York or New Jersey.  The approach has been tried before elsewhere until a new hire from outside is brought in.  

16 hours ago, NowBergen said:

I think it is just promoting that their full morning team were born and bred in the New York or New Jersey.  The approach has been tried before elsewhere until a new hire from outside is brought in.  

I mean all the other morning teams have at least 1 anchor born and bred in New York, New Jersey & Lower Connecticut... So this really doesn't say much.. What TINY needs to do is focus to getting to #1 cus right now WABC and WPIX to me (IMO) are 1 and 2 respectively, and TINY is #3.

On 9/9/2019 at 11:44 AM, Spintech33 said:

WNBC has updated their livestream for commercial breaks. Unfortunately, I can't seem to upload the print screen like @IceManNYR..

Also, New York live is live streaming on NBC New York as of today.

Here is a snapshot of the breaks during when watching live on the internet. The rainbow circles animate.

0752417E-4135-4703-9878-2220F12E529A.png

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, anthonyz said:

Weather graphic changes continue. Here is a Cur Temp Map featuring a different style for temp and location name.

77C23ACC-732C-4C25-AF95-6B3ADF88EB12.jpeg

Saw that yesterday during the 5PM news hour.

This morning on TINY: I believe this was mentioned but the new promo for the all tri-state area newscast with Darlene, Michael, Lauren, Maria.

• 3 weeks later...