WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

Okay.  He is a meteorologist.  First post did not identify that.  I assume he will replace Erica on weekend evenings and nights.  Clearly this was in motion before she was let go and explains why Maria LaRosa got the TINY job.  

2 minutes ago, JoseRM303 said:

His last day is August 20th and likely won’t start at WNBC until sometime in September.

Thank You for pointing that out for me. I rushed it a little too quickly. However, you are correct. I say mid-September for his start.

49 minutes ago, NowBergen said:

Anyone know what the deal is with Drew Wilder?  I’m visiting DC and he is a reporter on WRC as their Northern VA reporter.  Is he doing double duty in DC and N.Y.?

No clue but David Culver was WRC’s Northern Virginia reporter,  he left for a CNN job. 

Edit: Looks like Drews their reporter,

Edited by rkolsen

4 hours ago, B2r4a6n said:

Just saw a commercial this morning for The Kelly Clarkson Show and Ellen saying Kelly will air at 3pm and Ellen at 4pm... I guess 4pm newscast is cancelled? 

I think that’s a mistake because from what I’m reading Kelly’s show will air at 2 pm (Steve Harvey’s old time slot) Ellen will remain at 3. I doubt the 4 pm  news is getting canceled. 

5 minutes ago, JoseRM303 said:

I think that’s a mistake because from what I’m reading Kelly’s show will air at 2 pm (Steve Harvey’s old time slot) Ellen will remain at 3. I doubt the 4 pm  news is getting canceled. 

That's the first thing I thought when I first saw the commercial... that it must be a mistake...But it did say Kelly at 3 and Ellen at 4. 

10 minutes ago, JoseRM303 said:

What would air at 2 then? Since Steve Harvey was canned.

No idea...and if they get rid of the 4pm newscast, are other o&o's doing the same and will they switch around anchors, etc... I be so many questions now... lol.

I’m betting the house that this was a mistake. It’s a volatile election year and common sense (and history) show that stations ADD newscasts rather than get rid of them during presidential election years.  

Was it a generic promo (not mentioning New York) from Ellen? Many stations still clear Ellen at 4pm and almost every one that cleared both aired Steve at 3pm. 

• Like 1

The promo was generic, then at the end the announcer says something along the lines of "Kelly at 3 before Ellen" and the screen says Kelly: 3pm and Ellen: 4pm with the NBC 4 NY logo in the corner. Wish I got a screen shot of it. 

41 minutes ago, B2r4a6n said:

The only thing I can think of is that maybe they're going to launch a 7pm newscast to replace Extra to make up for axing the 4pm?

did the commercial aired during the breaks of Weekend today in NY or weekend today? I can track it down + post the image since i have youtubetv + both are on record.

31 minutes ago, justin2kx said:

did the commercial aired during the breaks of Weekend today in NY or weekend today? I can track it down + post the image since i have youtubetv + both are on record.

I can't remember the exact time, but it was sometime between 8-9am this morning. 

Edited by B2r4a6n

10 minutes ago, B2r4a6n said:

I can't remember the exact time, but it was sometime between 8-9am this morning. 

If true that leaves two big holes to fill - 2 pm and 7 pm.  Previously they said it was replacing Steve Harvey.   If the rumors of a 7 pm newscast are true would they do local at 7 or be like WRC and do a full hour of local at 6 and Nightly at 7.  They were doing this in the 80s. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, justin2kx said:

too little too late (had to fix my phone a bit) but here's the mistaken promo talked about. 

Maybe it is being prevented. I was expecting a completely generic spot not one with added time and station graphics.

I say at 7pm weeknights, it will be News 4 New York @ 7PM with Natalie Pasquarella & Stefan Holt, Janice Huff with weather, and Bruce Beck with sports.

Which could be a good idea, since Extra Extra will be shown on WNYW Fox 5..

Will it work for News 4 New York @ 7PM?

Edited by mooneyhill1

38 minutes ago, mooneyhill1 said:

I say at 7pm weeknights, it will be News 4 New York @ 7PM with Natalie Pasquarella & Stefan Holt, Janice Huff with weather, and Bruce Beck with sports.

Which could be a good idea, since Extra Extra will be shown on WNYW Fox 5..

Will it work for News 4 New York @ 7PM?

In the 80s News4 at 6 was an hour followed by Nightly.  Then several years ago they tried NY Nightly News at 7, first with Chuck, which then moved to Cozi with rotating anchors and killed off in 2014.  So who knows.  With long commute times in the area, a 7 pm local newscast makes sense, but just never seems to stick.