WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

7 hours ago, Spintech33 said:

In this situation WNBC would likely keep this in house. 

Bold underline: I could see this possibly happening also. However, definitely Dave and Rafael getting bumped up.

What does Dave get bumped up to if Rafael gets TINY? No one thinks Erica gets a promotion? I see Erica as Janice’s replacement when she goes. I don’t rule out Bill Evans taking over. Why not? Because I would think WNBC would announce Chris replacement along with his retirement announcement. Perhaps WNBC dumped Chris for Bill especially with Sam Champion at WABC. Maybe it’s a forced retirement. Just a possibility.

19 hours ago, nydem2015 said:

What does Dave get bumped up to if Rafael gets TINY? No one thinks Erica gets a promotion? I see Erica as Janice’s replacement when she goes. I don’t rule out Bill Evans taking over. Why not? Because I would think WNBC would announce Chris replacement along with his retirement announcement. Perhaps WNBC dumped Chris for Bill especially with Sam Champion at WABC. Maybe it’s a forced retirement. Just a possibility.

I don't think Cimino's retirement is forced.. He spent 24 years at one station. Never having to leave and go against a rival station and plus Chris is on good terms with Management at WNBC . (So definitely no forced retirement here)

However, Erica definitely deserves a promotion and I like her for 5 & 6, possibly Chief Meteorologist after Janice leaves. I give Janice another 5-7 years.

3 scenarios that may happen with Chris replacement:

A) Dave gets bumped up to TINY and Rafael 11AM & 4PM

B) Rafael bump to TINY and Dave keeps 11AM & 4PM

C) Erica bump to TINY* (Wild card), Dave keeps 11AM & 4PM, Rafael stays at weekend TINY.

I'd like to add this: When Chris is out.. 75% of time it's Rafael covering for Chris.

Edited by Spintech33
Additional info.

1 hour ago, Spintech33 said:

I don't think Cimino's retirement is forced.. He spent 24 years at one station. Never having to leave and go against a rival station and plus Chris is on good terms with Management at WNBC . (So definitely no forced retirement here)

However, Erica definitely deserves a promotion and I like her for 5 & 6, possibly Chief Meteorologist after Janice leaves. I give Janice another 5-7 years.

3 scenarios that may happen with Chris replacement:

A) Dave gets bumped up to TINY and Rafael 11AM & 4PM

B) Rafael bump to TINY and Dave keeps 11AM & 4PM

C) Erica bump to TINY* (Wild card), Dave keeps 11AM & 4PM, Rafael stays at weekend TINY.

Option B is most likely what is going to happen with someone new taking over Rafael spot on weekend mornings. 

2 hours ago, JoseRM303 said:

Option B is most likely what is going to happen with someone new taking over Rafael spot on weekend mornings. 

My guess is that Rafael will take over TINY and someone will take his spot on weekend mornings. Erica probably takes over for Janice whenever she retires.

20 minutes ago, nydem2015 said:

My guess is that Rafael will take over TINY and someone will take his spot on weekend mornings. Erica probably takes over for Janice whenever she retires.

21 minutes ago, nydem2015 said:

Didn't WNBC get someone from sister station Telemundo not too long ago?

So. Tuesday is Chris Cimino's official last day. Although, I didn't get a chance to see the last hour of TINY this morning

This morning pairings was a bit different:   Darlene > Gus > Emily > Chris. 

Maybe one day, just one day I'd like to see Tracie or Katherine anchor TINY in replacement of Darlene or Michael.

I believe either 1 has anchored News at 11 or the old News 4 at Noon. (Someone verify this please).

This afternoon: Rafael Miranda is in for Dave and Janice. So Rafa at 4, 5, 6 and 11.

PS: My money is still on Rafael for mornings at TINY.

Who did 11 today?

This afternoon: Rafael Miranda is in for Dave and Janice. So Rafa at 4, 5, 6 and 11.

PS: My money is still on Rafael for mornings at TINY.

I would think so as well although usually the weekend evening weatherperson fills in on evenings. Could Erica get TINY and Rafael be moving to weekends? Anything is possible. 

4 minutes ago, nydem2015 said:

Who did 11 today?

I would think so as well although usually the weekend evening weatherperson fills in on evenings. Could Erica get TINY and Rafael be moving to weekends? Anything is possible. 

1) Erica did 11AM

2) Rafael currently does weekends (AM) and she does Weekends (PM).. However, if the wildcard is Erica to do TINY.. Than its all weekends for Rafael. AM and PM.

7 hours ago, Wcbs2019 said:

I wonder if this means Erica will take over for Chris. 

I would not read too much into it.  Rafael is doing 4, 5, 6 and 11 while Dave and Janice are off on vacation.  It will take some time to sort out, my bet is on Rafael getting it. He does have seniority..  I would look to the new meteorologist who has not been on the air much to take TINY Weekend duty.  

8 minutes ago, NowBergen said:

I would not read too much into it.  Rafael is doing 4, 5, 6 and 11 while Dave and Janice are off on vacation.  It will take some time to sort out, my bet is on Rafael getting it. He does have seniority..  I would look to the new meteorologist who has not been on the air much to take TINY Weekend duty.  

That makes sense.

10 hours ago, Spintech33 said:

TINY for 7/8.

Jen > Michael > Lauren > Dave.

My money is still on Rafael to get the TINY spot.  However, Dave has the morning show experience. But, seniority rules. 

I agree.  Right now schedules are a mix due to vacation time.  Erica was on the 4, 5 and 6 tonight. (and probably the 11).  I bet it will take a couple of months to sort out, and the new person that is rarely on camera gets the weekend morning spot (Maria something or other).

16 minutes ago, IceManNYR said:

Due to the Manhattan power outage, WNBC is doing their 11 PM newscast from WNJU Telemundo 47.

There are no graphics and the color of the video does not look right.

2019-07-13_(10).png

Back in the Blackout of 2003, WNBC was able to broadcast from their newsroom (even at times their studio 6b).

TINY 7/15

Darlene > Jen > Lauren > Rafael .

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:17 PM, IceManNYR said:

Due to the Manhattan power outage, WNBC is doing their 11 PM newscast from WNJU Telemundo 47.

There are no graphics and the color of the video does not look right.

2019-07-13_(10).png

WNJU needs a major make over.

PS: George Spencer from CAU now at WNBC (General Assignment reporter). Started- Saturday.  

Edited by Spintech33

On 7/13/2019 at 11:41 PM, anthonyz said:

Back in the Blackout of 2003, WNBC was able to broadcast from their newsroom (even at times their studio 6b).

2003 was a very different era, it was pre-HD and not like today where the studios, cameras and control room are much more advanced. Kate Snow was in a tiny booth to do the NBC Nightly News updates for other timezones, while MSNBC was broadcasting from a dimly lit newsroom. When I checked Fox News Channel, who's across the street from 30 Rock, they were doing their broadcast from Los Angeles. Meanwhile on WABC Wheel of Fortune was airing with a bunch of technical issues, the bottom quarter was on the top of the screen and the top 3/4's were at the bottom of the screen.

9 hours ago, Spintech33 said:

WNJU needs a major make over.

That's not from WNJU's main studio. They were doing their own 11pm newscast at the same time from their main studio.