WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

WNBC made a change to Today In New York this morning.

Instead of starting the top of the hour and half hour with weather and traffic, 

they started with breaking news, another news story then went to weather and traffic at 3 minuets after the hour and 4 minuets after the half hour.

Edited by IceManNYR

Friday on Today In New York they got rid of the weather and traffic reports at 4 and 34 minutes.

Instead they had Chris doing a quick weather forecast at 10 and 40 minutes.

The total traffic reports went from 8 to 6 per hour.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/10/2019 at 3:23 PM, Spintech33 said:

WNBC has it's I-TEAM reporters on scene for the helicopter crash. Pei-Sze Chang, and another reporter on scene, Jonathan Dienst and Tom Winter with article.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Midtown-Manhattan-Accident-Sixth-Avenue-Midtown-Accident-511081461.html

Reporters on the scene (1.5 blocks from 30 Rock) included Sarah Wallace, Jamie Roth, Ray Villeda.  David Ushery and Jumy Olabanji anchored the coverage in addition to hosting the 4 pm broadcast.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NowBergen said:

Reporters on the scene (1.5 blocks from 30 Rock) included Sarah Wallace, Jamie Roth, Ray Villeda.  David Ushery and Jummy Olabanji anchored the coverage in addition to hosting the 4 pm broadcast.

I believe they are on double duty this week 11AM and 4PM. I believe Stephan and Natalie are off for the week (I could be wrong), and Stacey may be off this week (11AM) She didn't broadcast yesterday (AM). However anchoring 5P.

PS: I wonder who is going to replace Jummy when she goes back home to DC (WRC) on 7/1

9 hours ago, Spintech33 said:

I believe they are on double duty this week 11AM and 4PM. I believe Stephan and Natalie are off for the week (I could be wrong), and Stacey may be off this week (11AM) She didn't broadcast yesterday (AM). However anchoring 5P.

PS: I wonder who is going to replace Jummy when she goes back home to DC (WRC) on 7/1

Stefan Holt is likely going to be off for paternity leave (not sure what the Comcast(NBCU policy is) because his wife gave birth to their second child last week. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rkolsen said:

Stefan Holt is likely going to be off for paternity leave (not sure what the Comcast(NBCU policy is) because his wife gave birth to their second child last week. 

Congrats to Stefan!  Looks like a little bit of more David at 4:00 for a while until Stefan returns.

3 hours ago, Spintech33 said:

They (WNBC) can't seen to get it right with the anchors for 11AM. All the other O&O's either have or already got their 11AM anchors right..

Calm down there. David is working Stefan’s shifts while he is out on paternity leave. Jummy is filling in for Natalie this week and Stacey was on her normal shift. When Natalie goes on leave later this fall Stacey will once again fill in for Natalie at 4, 6 & 11 pm in addition to 5 pm duties. Likely a rotation of fill in anchors will co-anchor with David at 11 am while Stacey is on evening duties. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, IceManNYR said:

Jummy Olabanji give her goodbye at the end of the 6 PM newscast. She's moving to mornings at sister station WRC in July.

She's gonna be missed. However, a great opportunity to return back to her roots in the DMV and staying at the network. AM & Breaking news desk at WRC. Overall, great journalist.

EDIT: Jen Maxfield in for Stacy this morning (11AM) news.

Edited by Spintech33
Jen M subbing.

28 minutes ago, wabceyewitness said:

Chris Cimino announced today that he is leaving WNBC. His last day is July 2. 

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2019/6/24/breaking-top-new-york-anchor-signing-off

First Jummy, now Chris. Just shy of making 25 years at the station. (didn't see this coming). Hopefully, they put Rafael in the AM!

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 5:12 PM, anchorman said:

First thing I thought was a potential landing spot for Bill Evans. 

Bill is not leaving Sag Harbor to travel westbound on the LIE to Rock Center. Forget that notion, and not happening..

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 5:34 PM, nydem2015 said:

Perhaps John Elliot is a possibility if he leaves WCBS?

Sorry to say this but I don't like John Elliott working for WNBC. He's good with CBS.

Interesting AM combo for 6/26:

Jen Maxfield in for Darlene

Emily in for Lauren

Rafael in for Chris.

If I were a bettor in this situation I see Chris Cimino weather spot replaced by Rafael and not Dave.

Yes, Dave has the morning show experience. However, I wouldn't want him (Dave) working 12 hour days, but for ratings. Dave would be the guy.  

Rafael currently does Weekend TINY. Moving him to AM TINY boosts his profile.

27 minutes ago, Spintech33 said:

Bill is not leaving Sag Harbor to travel westbound on the LIE to Rock Center. Forget that notion, and not happening..

Sorry to say this but I don't like John Elliott working for WNBC. He's good with CBS.

Interesting AM combo for 6/26:

Jen Maxfield in for Darlene

Emily in for Lauren

Rafael in for Chris.

If I were a bettor in this situation I see Chris Cimino weather spot replaced by Rafael and not Dave.

Yes, Dave has the morning show experience. However, I wouldn't want him (Dave) working 12 hour days, but for ratings. Dave would be the guy.  

Rafael currently does Weekend TINY. Moving him to AM TINY boosts his profile.

Really? Cause Bill Evans specifically said numerous times he’s in talks with other stations and will return... but ya know “not happening”

and Dave could easily get TDINY and Rafael the 11 and 4.. pretty easy move if you ask me.. 

7 minutes ago, RealNews18 said:

Really? Cause Bill Evans specifically said numerous times he’s in talks with other stations and will return... but ya know “not happening”

and Dave could easily get TDINY and Rafael the 11 and 4.. pretty easy move if you ask me.. 

In this situation WNBC would likely keep this in house. 

Bold underline: I could see this possibly happening also. However, definitely Dave and Rafael getting bumped up.