WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I get where they’re coming from. But this may be another mistake in the making. For WBTS they got the ND or someone similar from WABC and now they got the AND from WPVI. Both stations are powerhouses and are licenses to print money. They’d have to severely screw up to fail at this rate. Now that’s not saying they weren’t successful or increased viewership.

I imagine WNBC is doing alright as they bumped her up.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Notice since sometime in October at the start of Today In New York, Michael Gargiulo is no longer doing that long intro,

"Welcome to Today In New York, the only local newscast on the air at 4am every morning with up to the minute news, weather and traffic the minute you're up."

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Notice since sometime in October at the start of Today In New York, Michael Gargiulo is no longer doing that long intro,

"Welcome to Today In New York, the only local newscast on the air at 4am every morning with up to the minute news, weather and traffic the minute you're up."

What a mouthful.. and a waste of viewers’ time. Save the promos for commercial breaks.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

This year's News 4 Holiday Sing-Along was recently posted on the station's web site and Youtube page yesterday. "Deck the Halls" is this year's song. Unlike the previous sing-along promos, the promo made a cameo appearance from The Grinch and his puppy sidekick Max from the animated film of same name, which is voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch and Frank Welker and it is animated by their sister animation studio Illumination Mac Guff in France using Autodesk Maya. The 2016 Holiday sing-along has using the characters from another Illumination film, "Sing" had also made cameos in the promo.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, IceManNYR said:

Rana Novini was subbing for Darlene Rodriguez Wednesday and today.

She is on vacation.  Jen Maxwell was doing the early morning news earlier in the week.  Chuck and Natalie are both off as well.  Many top anchors take vacation time this time of year.

I think the quick open/sting of this news briefing is the first NBC station appearance in the wild of one of the newer GrooveWorx NBC News Package cuts made in 2014, at least the first that I've seen.  That headlines cut seems quite at home in this online news update format!

Edited by rah6448

19 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

First off, Natalie Pasquarella! ❤️

Second, it looks like a video news briefing. Also, WNBC already does an audio news briefing every morning called "Listen Up."

I believe these are attempts by NBC to broaden and reach younger viewers on whatever platforms are available.  

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, NowBergen said:

Is she an addition or replacing someone.  All four current weather anchors are still on the website.  I'm assuming Janice is off this week.

All five are still on website: Huff, Price, Cimino, Miranda, and Grow. I wonder if they’re following WCAU’s lead and double teaming in the morning.