WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

Starting this Sunday (8/6), the morning line up on wnbc will be as follows...

6am: Today in NY

8am: Sunday Today with Willie Giest

9am: Open House NYC

9:30am: Today in NY

10:30am: Meet the Press

Wnbc was the only o&o to air Sunday Today at 9am... That's no longer the case.

Why you want to put an LXTV show on at 9am? They don't want to compete with 7 on the 9am half-hour? In my view, that's pretty dumb. What's wrong with putting that show on after MTP or before the 6am news?

It currently airs at 8:30. Basically it is swtiching the 8 am hour with 9 am but reversing the time of LXTV starts.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Chuck Scarborough is not in tonight which I think is almost 3-4 weeks he's been off. Wondering where he is. Maybe he is just taking most of his vacation time now.

Chuck is back and he's been off air because he had knee surgery on both knees! He said he's back two weeks earlier than expected. Good for him!

Adam Kuperstein started as the weekend co-anchor tonight at 6 and 11 pm with Jummy.

His start was delayed a week. He was reporting live from Miami for News4NY since he was still there. He did do other reports during the week prior to his anchoring over the weekend..

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WNBC and WNJU has established a bureau in San Juan to continue stories of the storm ravaged territory and the slow recovery effort. A dedicated bi-lingual reporter has been hired who will report for both stations, and will also provide reports for other NBC/Telemundo O&Os across the country. Per TV NewsCheck. There was a report during the 5 pm hour on WNBC this evening.

To have 2 males co-anchoring a newscast today is quite rare IMO.

It’s definitely rare today but it has been done, remember Roger Grimsby and Bill Beutel? They were quite revered back in those old days from WABC.

• Like 1

For good reason! I have said for the last few years I miss the old days of two anchors, a clock and JUST THE NEWS. No glitz, no editorializing, no "banter" to try and convince us these peopel are best buds off-camera.......

Now, get off my lawn you damned kids!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...