WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

I've seen David Ushery on the air at 11 AM, so filling in for Chuck at 11 PM would be an awfully long day for David to sub when Chuck is missing.

And yet that's exactly what Gus Rosendale has been doing the past few weekends, first with Jen Maxfield and now with Jummy - doing the morning show and then co-anchoring the 11 pm news.

And yet that's exactly what Gus Rosendale has been doing the past few weekends, first with Jen Maxfield and now with Jummy - doing the morning show and then co-anchoring the 11 pm news.

Point well taken, but on the weekend there usually is not much news. Plus with such an extreme shift hours, Rosendale probably goes home for a nap.

It's not unusual for weekenders to double up. Often done with the weather people. It's only 2 days.

• 2 weeks later...
i guess WCAU likes to send it's meterologists up on amtrak to NYC Kristyal Kiel was on this past saturday

WCAU is likely sending someone to help out until Rafael returns from his paternity leave. I've also seen Chris doing Saturday night forecasting a couple weekends ago Dave Price doing weekend mornings etc.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
WCAU is likely sending someone to help out until Rafael returns from his paternity leave. I've also seen Chris doing Saturday night forecasting a couple weekends ago Dave Price doing weekend mornings etc.

Makes sense WCAU would return the favor. I think it was March 2016 that WCAU only had 3 full-time meteorologists with Glenn Schwartz, Bill Henley, and Sheena Parveen (now at WRC). At that point, Bill, the morning meteorologist was on vacation, so Sheena was filling in for him. In that same week, Glenn was out sick, so they had to rely on NBC O&O meteorologists from WNBC, with Dave Price, and WRC, with Doug Kammerer, coming to Philly for a few days to help out.

• 2 weeks later...
Jen in again this weekend, with and without Gus.

Where's the new hire. Jummy?

And when does Raphael come back from his (seemingly endless) paternity leave?

Gus was on at 5 last night (in for David)

Jummy recently got married so likely on her honeymoon

According to a tweet from Raphael he says he will be back in a few weeks (tweet was June 24th) so guessing July 15th based on that. So if WNBC is letting Raphael have 8+ weeks off for a new baby then surely they will let Stefan do the same when his son is born in a couple of months.

Gus was on at 5 last night (in for David)

Jummy recently got married so likely on her honeymoon

According to a tweet from Raphael he says he will be back in a few weeks (tweet was June 24th) so guessing July 15th based on that. So if WNBC is letting Raphael have 8+ weeks off for a new baby then surely they will let Stefan do the same when his son is born in a couple of months.

But isn't Stefan supposed to have already replace Chuck at 11 during the same timeframe? Not sure he would take so much time off when he is trying to establish himself with viewers at that time considering he is replacing a legend... (and before you mention Sue Simmons, remember Natalie is the third replacement since Sue was kicked out).

But isn't Stefan supposed to have already replace Chuck at 11 during the same timeframe? Not sure he would take so much time off when he is trying to establish himself with viewers at that time considering he is replacing a legend... (and before you mention Sue Simmons, remember Natalie is the third replacement since Sue was kicked out).

My comment was more about the excessive time Raphael is getting for a new baby when I dont recall any other guy getting that much time off after a baby. Natalie obvisouly will be different since she's the one who will physically be giving birth and will be out a few months.

My comment was more about the excessive time Raphael is getting for a new baby when I dont recall any other guy getting that much time off after a baby. Natalie obvisouly will be different since she's the one who will physically be giving birth and will be out a few months.

It's the new parental leave laws.

In New York i I think it's 8 weeks now for the parents paid time off.

Dad, Mom...no matter.

• Like 4

It's the new parental leave laws.

In New York i I think it's 8 weeks now for the parents paid time off.

Dad, Mom...no matter.

I don't think family leave is gender specific. Also, many companies offer enhanced time up to 12 weeks. I worked with someone, probably about 20 years ago now who stayed home with the baby as his wife went back to work. Either parent can take advantage of it. Good for Raphael being able to take advantage of Comcast/NBCUs policy and bond with his new child. I know many folks that wish they had that opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...