WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

• 5 weeks later...
Stacey Bell may be leaving (again) as quickly as she came in (again.) Her husband was just hired as the head coach of the San Diego--errr--Los Angeles Chargers.

I'd be cautious if I were her. Didn't she leave the first time because her husband got a job in Buffalo that didn't really pan out?

I'd be cautious if I were her. Didn't she leave the first time because her husband got a job in Buffalo that didn't really pan out?

Sort of, yes. He probably could have stayed and gotten the top job in Buffalo for next season (he was interim head coach), but the Chargers probably offered a better deal. However I don't see Stacey participating in a bi-coastal marriage, simply based on her past actions. She left a good anchor job in Cleveland when her husband left the Browns for the Jets, and that's how she ended up in NY news. When her husband got the job in Buffalo, she left to head up there.

I suspect that when she returned to WNBC last year, Anthony Lynn and she made an arrangement about her career, which continues with his LAC hire. In the bigger picture of things, her role is more stable than his the way the NFL churns through head coaches (win or else). No matter the private discussions she has had, glad she will be staying (though I suspect on a shortened work week during the season (probably off Monday's due to the time change).

Hopefully the bi-coastal relationship works out. If it becomes strained over time, Stacey could leave or take a reduced role. I hope not, as she's one of the best talents they have.

And absolutely true given the instability of NFL HC's and now the Chargers franchise, its smart for Stacey to at least keep her job in NYC for the time being.

• 3 weeks later...
They have been very clear it is at Rutgers (I suspect the Piscataway side) since being activated Monday. I would expect Rutgers gets to use it too.

They lease the land from Rutgers but part of the deal is that Rutgers students get access to the data and are able to use it for the university newscasts.

Part of the reason Rutgers was selected was because of its meteorology program and proximity to Manhattan.

They lease the land from Rutgers but part of the deal is that Rutgers students get access to the data and are able to use it for the university newscasts.

Part of the reason Rutgers was selected was because of its meteorology program and proximity to Manhattan.

And of course the poor lil souls can always cook plump, juicy wieners on the radar magnetron.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...