WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

One example of this is Gaard Swanson former weeknight anchor of WKMG in Orlando. He was in Orlando while his family was back home in Seattle.

Working in TV news is not what one should generally consider a real sacrifice. You want to talk about real sacrifice, let's look at military members and their families. Spouses are gone for up to 18 months at a time... upwards of 5 tours.. in a war zone... many don't return, or return with devastating injuries. Sitting at a desk in Orlando (or some other market away from your family) is a choice. It sucks... but can hardly be considered a sacrifice.

Natalie has been doing a great job and really stepped up to the plate. One quality that she embodies is that she does not seem fake. He banter between Chuck, Janice, etc. seems authentic. I applaud her for making such a big career leap in a short period of time, it is obviously well deserved.

This will also set WNBC up to install David Ushery when Chuck reduces his schedule as the diversity issue will be covered!

I still don't believe it was completely's Sibila's choice to leave. Maybe she had the option to remain on at 5 pm and was being taken off the 11 pm like what happened to Shiba Russel and then she decided to leave. Even if Natalie were to last only a couple years she could at least she say she had one of the top anchor jobs in the number 1 television market. Not many people can say that.

It definitely was her choice. Sibila was excellent and really helped return stability to that newscast. It's a shame she left.

Stacey Bell is returning to WNBC as noon & 5 pm co-anchor:

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/stacey-bell-returns-to-wnbc/179946

So glad Stacey is back, that was quick! She is pure class and WNBC is better for having her. She could have easily slotted in at 11pm.

Interesting to note that Stacey's husband is a coach on Rex Ryan'a staff in Buffalo (that's why she left WNBC in the first place.) He followed him there when Rex went from the Jets to the Bills. I assume that's Stacey taking this job insinuates that Rex and his staff (including Stacey's husband) won't be retained next season. Seems like Stacey is gambling they won't be in Buffalo much longer.

It definitely was her choice. Sibila was excellent and really helped return stability to that newscast. It's a shame she left.

So glad Stacey is back, that was quick! She is pure class and WNBC is better for having her. She could have easily slotted in at 11pm.

Interesting to note that Stacey's husband is a coach on Rex Ryan'a staff in Buffalo (that's why she left WNBC in the first place.) He followed him there when Rex went from the Jets to the Bills. I assume that's Stacey taking this job insinuates that Rex and his staff (including Stacey's husband) won't be retained next season. Seems like Stacey is gambling they won't be in Buffalo much longer.

Agree like Natalie but would've rather seen Stacey do 11 pm in addition to 5 pm and Natalie do noon, 4 & 6 but oh well both are good anyway.

• Like 1

Will Stacey get a co-anchor at noon, perhaps David or Stefan?

What happens to weekends? I wonder if Kerry Barrett would see that as a demotion if she were to take over.

I would imagine at some point in the near future Chuck will start cutting back, most likely cutting the 11pm broadcast from his schedule. I wonder if David or Stefan will be the replacement.

Will Stacey get a co-anchor at noon, perhaps David or Stefan?

What happens to weekends? I wonder if Kerry Barrett would see that as a demotion if she were to take over.

I would imagine at some point in the near future Chuck will start cutting back, most likely cutting the 11pm broadcast from his schedule. I wonder if David or Stefan will be the replacement.

My guess is yes and either David or Stefan. As for if and when Chuck scales back my guess would be David.

• Like 2

Having Stacey back full time really helps fill in the gaps. Stacey is an excellent anchor, as I've followed her since she was the main anchor on News 12 Long Island. I honestly wished she would've got the 11pm like JoseRM303 said, but I guess Natilie's pretty good too. Considering that Pat Battle was passed over again signifies to me that Pat is happy on the weekends, and that must work best for her. Maybe she likes reporting out in the field too. Either way Stefan, Chuck, David, Natilie, and Stacey are really solid anchors so I think WNBC will do fine since Sibila's departure.

• Like 1

All true, just seems wasteful. Hopefully they can repurpose it somehow.

It probably sounded good in theory based on the results of MSNBC and other installations in 30 Rock but they likely had to zoom in to avoid having the desk in shot.

• 1 month later...