WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

WNBC to move from studio 3C to studio 3K:

http://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2016/10/3/wnbc-is-on-the-move

I hate to be the guy that links to another thread for this topic - but here's one I started. It appears it's also the one where Scott got his info from. I hope he doesn't think that the rendering in the article is what the newset will look like.

• Like 4

Not that I have seen in the last couple of years. Reporters from the newsroom just have a backdrop from what I suspect was the old set. It looks like the doors to the 7th floor newsroom are shut, the backdrop over them.

The studio that they were in from 2008-2012 no longer exists. It was torn out shortly after the move to 3C and the space converted back to newsroom content center space (it was a conference room before they made it a studio).

I remember seeing a picture of the former studio space a few years back, and I recall the desk cameras were still mounted between the cubicles. I'd imagine they have removed them by now.

• Like 4

I don't know why the main discussion of the new WNBC studio is down in the "Sets and Studio" subforum, so I figured I'd post pics of the set in progress here as well, for those who don't visit down there:

K5BpehO.jpg

TPq2PWg.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good...hard to tell until we see the finished product... If you look at the very bottom picture you can see they are using the same desk with the same windows behind it... So as I assumed it would be a similar set to what they have now, just bigger.

It is hard to tell but could they be going back to using two different desks like they did in 3B, one for TINY, 4 and 5 and the other for 6 and 11?

I don't know if I'd go that far, but the fact that there are 3 seating areas in there makes you wonder if they have other ideas beyond New York Live.

I don't know why the main discussion of the new WNBC studio is down in the "Sets and Studio" subforum...

Because that's where it should be. ;)

This thread is for things that don't warrant their own thread. A new set is definitely thread worthy.

• Like 2

Because that's where it should be. ;)

This thread is for things that don't warrant their own thread. A new set is definitely thread worthy.

Oh I agree it deserves its own thread! Just thought that would be in the main New York subforum :)

Wow. What a rapid rise for Natalie. Good for her.

If I was Natalie, I wouldn't have taken this job. They haven't had a stable co-anchor there since 2012 when Sue left. Shiba, Sibila, and now Natalie.

When you're offered a spot on the flagship newscast, you don't say no. Period. Plus, Sibila left truly on her own accord. There is no reason to suggest Sibila couldn't have been on that newscast for the next ten years.

• Like 1

When you're offered a spot on the flagship newscast, you don't say no. Period. Plus, Sibila left truly on her own accord. There is no reason to suggest Sibila couldn't have been on that newscast for the next ten years.

Yeah, I know Sibila left on her own. But you can say no. You don't take something just because its offered to you. I'm happy for her star rising but from previous experience I personally wouldn't have bet on taking that job. I would have waited a couple more years.

• Like 1

This if Sibila's husband hadn't been presented with that business opportunity im sure she would still be co-anchoring the 11 pm newscast for years to come.

Yeah, I know Sibila left on her own. But you can say no. You don't take something just because its offered to you. I'm happy for her star rising but from previous experience I personally wouldn't have bet on taking that job. I would have waited a couple more years.

You don't turn down these opportunities because they might never come again. There is risk in every job...

This if Sibila's husband hadn't been presented with that business opportunity im sure she would still be co-anchoring the 11 pm newscast for years to come.

That's exactly what I said.

I still don't believe it was completely's Sibila's choice to leave. Maybe she had the option to remain on at 5 pm and was being taken off the 11 pm like what happened to Shiba Russel and then she decided to leave. Even if Natalie were to last only a couple years she could at least she say she had one of the top anchor jobs in the number 1 television market. Not many people can say that.

I still don't believe it was completely's Sibila's choice to leave. Maybe she had the option to remain on at 5 pm and was being taken off the 11 pm like what happened to Shiba Russel and then she decided to leave. Even if Natalie were to last only a couple years she could at least she say she had one of the top anchor jobs in the number 1 television market. Not many people can say that.

It absolutely was Sibila's decision to leave. Its my understanding that her husband and kids were already in SC before Sibila signed off from WNBC. As for Shiba her contract wasn't renewed that's why she left.

I can't imagine the sacrifices that families make for those that are in the news business. I've heard way too often tales of husband and wife journalists with kids working far apart.

It absolutely was Sibila's decision to leave. Its my understanding that her husband and kids were already in SC before Sibila signed off from WNBC. As for Shiba her contract wasn't renewed that's why she left.

I can't imagine the sacrifices that families make for those that are in the news business. I've heard way too often tales of husband and wife journalists with kids working far apart.

One example of this is Gaard Swanson former weeknight anchor of WKMG in Orlando. He was in Orlando while his family was back home in Seattle.