WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

All the NBC O&Os schedules are practically identical. Philly, DC, Miami, and CT all are on east coast, and all do 11am.

When LA moved thier's from noon to 11am, it was only announced on short notice. Same with Chicago back when that happen.

So while it may not happen, the reasons you offer are not on point and make no sense whatsoever.

All I was trying to say is that it is highly unlikely WNBC will do an 11 am just because the others O&Os have one. It just seems like everyone else wants the 11 a.m. so bad making it seem like they saw a press release or something. I also know that they are noon broadcast on the west and central zones. That's why I said MANY meaning not all.

• Like 1

All I was trying to say is that it is highly unlikely WNBC will do an 11 am just because the others O&Os have one. It just seems like everyone else wants the 11 a.m. so bad making it seem like they saw a press release or something. I also know that they are noon broadcast on the west and central zones. That's why I said MANY meaning not all.

They'll probably never have one because it's better to complete when all the stations in NYC have news at noon, versus at 11am where you complete against The Price Is Right on WCBS and The View on WABC, both powerhouses in the market when it comes to network programming.

• Like 6

They'll probably never have one because it's better to complete when all the stations in NYC have news at noon, versus at 11am where you complete against The Price Is Right on WCBS and The View on WABC, both powerhouses in the market when it comes to network programming.

Most of the stations, not all. Sorry about that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pardon me, for a moment, everyone.

No problem asshole. Glad to be of service.

But really, could we stop picking fights? If I was snippy (putting it nicely) to someone every time they did something silly, wrong, annoying, etc., I and many others would've been kicked out of here years ago. Having some restraint really works wonders. Besides, for someone who supposedly could live without this site, you sure seem to feel the need to lurk around and call out everyone's missteps.

Look, I don't want you to leave. Many of your contributions here are valuable, and even if you think I'm being fake or disengenous, more voices generally makes for a better forum. Also, I'll even agree that sometimes exceptional bullshit needs to be called out. That said, if I were to call out your intelligence and mental capacity and tell you to log off forever/jump off a cliff/straight up die, I'd look like an incredible ass. Maybe you do, but I sure don't get any thrill out of looking like an ass.

Good night, sir. End rant.

• Like 6

Pardon me, for a moment, everyone.

But really, could we stop picking fights? If I was snippy (putting it nicely) to someone every time they did something silly, wrong, annoying, etc., I and many others would've been kicked out of here years ago. Having some restraint really works wonders.

I was not being snippy nor picking a fight. I was stating that it had already been posted, something many others have done before. I don't think that's grounds for getting kicked out. I responded with the insult after anchorman93 insulted me first. Sure, perhaps there was no need for my response, just as there was no need for anchorman93's response.

Besides, for someone who supposedly could live without this site, you sure seem to feel the need to lurk around and call out everyone's missteps.

A little creepy that you follow me that much to accuse me of lurking around and calling out other's missteps. And aren't you doing that very thing right now yourself?

Look, I don't want you to leave. Many of your contributions here are valuable, and even if you think I'm being fake or disengenous, more voices generally makes for a better forum. Also, I'll even agree that sometimes exceptional bullshit needs to be called out.

Thank you for being honest. I actually think you did me a favor. I've been a member of this forum for 8 years and have been debating leaving for a while. That time has come. :)

That said, if I were to call out your intelligence and mental capacity and tell you to log off forever/jump off a cliff/straight up die, I'd look like an incredible ass. Maybe you do, but I sure don't get any thrill out of looking like an ass.

Good night, sir. End rant.

I don't know where you're trying to go with this. Are you saying I've told somebody to jump off a cliff and die, or are you telling me to do so? Because I've never said any such thing nor would I joke about such a thing, and I most certainly would get no thrill out of it.

I live a happy life and enjoy all life has to offer. I enjoy my work and have other hobbies (both of which I will encourage others to do). I thank God everyday for where I am in my life.

And why do you assume I am a sir and not a ma'am? Just saying!

With that being said, I've enjoyed my past 8 years here on TVNewsTalk (through the ups and downs). Thank you to the creators and moderators of the forum. Thank you to all the posters (including the ones that got on my nerves). I'm sorry to anyone I have offended over the past 8 years, and good luck to those of you who continue to be a part of this forum! And you're welcome to the people who are thrilled that I'm leaving. :p Good-bye!!!

upload_2016-7-11_15-19-45.png.de986ba11aeb9c5866e775840ae03cf7.png

I was not being snippy nor picking a fight. I was stating that it had already been posted, something many others have done before. I don't think that's grounds for getting kicked out. I responded with the insult after anchorman93 insulted me first. Sure, perhaps there was no need for my response, just as there was no need for anchorman93's response.

A little creepy that you follow me that much to accuse me of lurking around and calling out other's missteps. And aren't you doing that very thing right now yourself?

Thank you for being honest. I actually think you did me a favor. I've been a member of this forum for 8 years and have been debating leaving for a while. That time has come. :)

I don't know where you're trying to go with this. Are you saying I've told somebody to jump off a cliff and die, or are you telling me to do so? Because I've never said any such thing nor would I joke about such a thing, and I most certainly would get no thrill out of it.

I live a happy life and enjoy all life has to offer. I enjoy my work and have other hobbies (both of which I will encourage others to do). I thank God everyday for where I am in my life.

And why do you assume I am a sir and not a ma'am? Just saying!

With that being said, I've enjoyed my past 8 years here on TVNewsTalk (through the ups and downs). Thank you to the creators and moderators of the forum. Thank you to all the posters (including the ones that got on my nerves). I'm sorry to anyone I have offended over the past 8 years, and good luck to those of you who continue to be a part of this forum! And you're welcome to the people who are thrilled that I'm leaving. :p Good-bye!!!

[ATTACH=full]2999[/ATTACH]

Bye!

See you when you're back in a few weeks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Go to NBC 4 New York's Vimeo Page. vimeo.com/nbc4newyork

They have some video's of their own about Storm Ranger, which you can see the NBC10 branding in some cases on the truck, but they're branding it as Storm Ranger 4. Also, their 4pm team will take a break for the olympics and return August 22nd.

So there's three of them. I wonder when the California O&O's will start sharing one.

Go to NBC 4 New York's Vimeo Page. vimeo.com/nbc4newyork

They have some video's of their own about Storm Ranger, which you can see the NBC10 branding in some cases on the truck, but they're branding it as Storm Ranger 4. Also, their 4pm team will take a break for the olympics and return August 22nd.

(Action Figures Not Included)

I was on my Vimeo app and on the WNBC CSD profile feed they featured a Storm Ranger promo. Apparently NBC has three of them and they look to be based in Philadelphia, Dallas and Los Angeles.

The ad links to a dead link: NBCNY.com/StormRanger

I was on my Vimeo app and on the WNBC CSD profile feed they featured a Storm Ranger promo. Apparently NBC has three of them and they look to be based in Philadelphia, Dallas and Los Angeles.

The ad links to a dead link: NBCNY.com/StormRanger

Yeah, saw that earlier this week as well.

Stacey Bell back on News 4 NY now

I noticed as well. It does not look like she picked up a job in Buffalo after moving there to be with her husband (Anthony Lynn is a coach under Rex Ryan). She got tired of being in NYC weekends while living in Buffalo which is why she originally left. I suspect she is freelancing for now unless there has been a personal change in her life, or NBC threw a lot of money at her.

I'm wondering if with Sibila leaving, she might be in consideration to replace her... Dave Price was freelancing last summer and now he's full time... We'll see. I happen to know that this has no relation to the Sibila announcement yesterday.

I'm wondering if with Sibila leaving, she might be in consideration to replace her... Dave Price was freelancing last summer and now he's full time... We'll see. I happen to know that this has no relation to the Sibila announcement yesterday.

She moved to Buffalo to be with her husband (Bills coach Anthony Lynn - she also followed him from the Browns to the Jets).

Someone posted in another thread she announced on twitter she is doing weekends in NY for a bit, not indicating it is permanent.

Sunday late news was co-hosted with Gus.

• 1 month later...

This may be a bit of a side track from the discussion but do you guys know if WNBC still does that still incorporates the reporter office desk camera shots like they did on their previous set? (2008 - 2012). I remember that was a staple of their previous set and one of the things they have marketed.

With NBC primetime doing much better than in previous years, I'll be curious to find out if that helps News 4 NY at 11 at all? Also does anyone know if they are in second place or third place at 11? I'm sick and tired of these general WABC quarterly press releases because they give no insight into any of the numbers.

I'm sick and tired of these general WABC quarterly press releases because they give no insight into any of the numbers.

Amen,

But remember the ratings are not measured for the benefit of the viewers..

Dissemination of detailed numbers is tightly controlled by Nielsen.

We only see very limited numbers.