WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

• 2 weeks later...

while im here in the 60's when the tonight show was in NYC before it left in 72 where was WNBC located, cause after the tonight show left 30 rock and went west WNBC moved in to studio 6b now im trying to solve the mystery of where it was around 1969

He was a non-starter from the beginning. I remember on his first day he ended his report with the tag from his previous station. Good luck to him, but it was a fluke that he ever made it to NY in the first place!

Why was it a fluke that he was hired as a reporter at WNBC?

What's the criteria for someone that works at a station in NYC?

Does someone need to be 40+ years old?

Do they need to have 20+ years experience in small no ones ever heard of towns?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2016/2/5/look-which-ny-anchor-is-interviwing-in-chicago-today

Well this is not too surprising...my thought is that maybe with the new 4pm newscast this spring wnbc dosent plan to have Shiba as an anchor for that...they've been phasing her out for a few years now.

P.S....Pat Battle and Gus Rosendale should be the 4pm anchor team, I think they're great together on the weekends.

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2016/2/5/look-which-ny-anchor-is-interviwing-in-chicago-today

Well this is not too surprising...my thought is that maybe with the new 4pm newscast this spring wnbc dosent plan to have Shiba as an anchor for that...they've been phasing her out for a few years now.

P.S....Pat Battle and Gus Rosendale should be the 4pm anchor team, I think they're great together on the weekends.

No to Pat & Gus. If Shiba does leave, I'm guessing Kerry Barret figures into their plans somehow, whether she takes over for Shiba or there is some other domino effect.

Who would've known I surely thought network would hire Shiba full time as correspondent/contributing anchor. As for who would replace her at WNBC I could see it being Natalie Pasquarella. Kerry Barrett is another possibility but isn't she an intergal part of TINY? Also doesn't surprise me since this month is Shiba's 5th year with WNBC and seems to be a tradition its not working out or you find something better after 5 years people move on.

It's a shame because I think Shiba got a bad rap. She's really not that bad.

I think you're right. I watched her a few times and she improved a lot over the years. I blame WNBC more than her for why she hasn't worked out. She basically was hired to be Sue 2.0. Sibila is great but its not like she is so much better than Shiba. But I'm sure Shiba is going to be fine wherever she goes. I think Kerry Barrett is going to take Shiba's place when/if she does leave.

I think you're right. I watched her a few times and she improved a lot over the years. I blame WNBC more than her for why she hasn't worked out. She basically was hired to be Sue 2.0. Sibila is great but its not like she is so much better than Shiba. But I'm sure Shiba is going to be fine wherever she goes. I think Kerry Barrett is going to take Shiba's place when/if she does leave.

I wasn't thrilled when Shiba succeeded Sue at WNBC. However, she indeed has gotten better and damn to say this, but I like the chemistry she has with Rob. It's natural. Just as she seemed comfortable with Tom Llamas. I echo the sentiments that Shiba was set up for failure by WNBC.

Love the set. And, their graphics are great. Is it me, or do they not produce as much hard news?

I have been an avid watcher of Eyewitness News for the past few years. I recently sampled News 4 New York and was pleasantly surprised with their product ( in addition to having the best set and graphics in the whole market). ABC 7 is the news leader because of their laser focused aim on breaking news and being on the scene first. With that said, the news product of News 4 NY has vastly improved in the last year. News 4 NY is not all doom and gloom whereas ABC 7 isn't either....but their focus is on crime stories for sure. On a separate note, I have ABC 7 and NBC 4 apps downloaded on my phone and it amazes me how ABC 7 gets breaking news out at such a rapid pace. how do they do it?!!