WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

• 2 weeks later...

WNBC seems to have a niche for what they want in their female anchors.

Natalie/Shiba/Sibilla all kind of look the same..

Costco now sells "Kirkland Reporters".

They have Blonde, Red and Brunette. Buy one now before the fake Christmas trees return in August

• 3 weeks later...

Rob Schmitt was MIA all weekend, with Lynda Baquero (plus Sibila Vargas for the 11:00 Sunday) filling in, and not saying "Rob is out" or "on vacation".

Has he been let go now that WNBC has hired another woman to work the weekend anchor desk?

Rob Schmitt was MIA all weekend, with Lynda Baquero (plus Sibila Vargas for the 11:00 Sunday) filling in, and not saying "Rob is out" or "on vacation".

Has he been let go now that WNBC has hired another woman to work the weekend anchor desk?

It appears that from Rob's Instagram page (in which he seems to continue to relish being a frat boy and not a professional news anchor), it appears he is on vacation in Italy.

The female anchor was hired to fill the vacancy created by Stacy Bell's departure.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Janice was on at noon. First time since the 90's I saw her do the noon weather-cast? Did she also fill in on TINY today?

No she did her normal shift tonight. When New York Live host Sara Gore had her baby Janice would fill in from time to time and then go do her normal weather duties. The noon show doesn't have a set meteorologist rather it's usually between Chris, Rafael & Steve.

I was watching/listening to the News at Noon and heard an unfamiliar voice doing the weather. It was Dave Price!

I haven't seen anything about it anywhere. Anyone have any ideas?

dave price?! wow there are some who who should still have jobs, like him and John Marshall.

WNBC is like WPIX in a way. WNBC has Janice, Steve Villinueva, Chris Cimino, Raphael Miranda, Steve Sosna (is he ever on air?, i've seen him do weather videos online), Andrea Romero (from Telemundo), and now Dave Price.

WPIX has Mr. G, Linda Church, and Craig Allen, yet have Joe Cioffi and Chris Knowles who technically aren't a permanent addition to their weather team, yet still appear on air frequently. I've also seen Jeanette Calle and Erika Martin appear around the holidays.

And I agree about John Marshall. He should have a steady job somewhere; was always one of my favorites.

WNBC is like WPIX in a way. WNBC has Janice, Steve Villinueva, Chris Cimino, Raphael Miranda, Steve Sosna (is he ever on air?, i've seen him do weather videos online), Andrea Romero (from Telemundo), and now Dave Price.

I've seen msnbc use Steve Sosna semi regularly in the afternoons when The Cycle was on the air and their "chief meteorologist" Raphael Miranda wasn't available.

• 3 weeks later...

Erica Grow formerly of WUSA in Washingon D.C. Is joining WNBC as weekend evening meteorologist.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/wnbc-adds-meteorologist-from-washington-d-c/154453

So I wonder what does this mean for Steve Villanueva? Does he get the moon shift full time? Perhaps take over for Janice at 7? Or is he leaving all together?

• 3 weeks later...
Has WNBC cancelled it's 7 pm news on COZI? It was on Wednesday as usual (anchored by Chris Glorioso) but not on Thursday and not on the schedule again for Friday? Or has the Pope's visit made a live newscast at 7 not practical?

When you have LIVE coverage from 6:30-8:00 p.m. on the main channel after the regular 6:00 p.m. news, then there's no point in putting a 7:00 p.m. newscast on Cozi TV when there's LIVE coverage of the pope's visit in New York on WNBC 4.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I saw this week's issue of "Entertainment Weekly", there's an ad for "New York Live". Does WNBC themselves putting the ad for the local show in a national magazine?

Lots of magazines are printed regionally (It's cheaper to distribute them that way). So it is possible to buy an ad in a "national" magazine that runs only in one part of the country.

When it comes to the NBC News Package (which WNBC and L.A. sister station KNBC both use), why is the version for WNBC in NYC more muted (lower-pitched) than the one for KNBC in L.A.? The reason I asked is because that's how it sounded to me, comparing those two NBC O&O sisters.

• Like 1