WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

Just announced at 11pm tonight that it is Stacey Bell's last day at channel 4...This month marks 1 year she's been with channel 4...No mention of where she's going.

Well this could be a stretch but she's probably moving back to Cleveland to WKYC because I know her husband was the Defense Coordinator with the Jets for a few years but I don't know if he's still there or not. So if its not Cleveland, it'll probably be wherever her husband goes.

Hmmm. well this all came about suddenly. I really enjoyed Stacey Bell when she was at News 12 LI and again at News 4. I wish her the best of luck. And yeah, this is why I don't watch WNBC much, they have no stability (even though it was Stacey's choice to leave) . And their anchor teams are all over the place.

• 2 weeks later...

Does WNBC do any special coverage for the Belmont Stakes like a pre race show? I know that for the Kentucky Derby WAVE and WLEX produced two hour preshows. WBAL produced a three and a half hour preshow for the Preakness Stakes preempting an NHL game.

From what I've read the preshows in Louisville and Baltimore win their timeslots by a large margin.

This is the 2nd weekend in a row that Lynda Baquero has joined Rob Schmitt at 11pm on Sunday night...Wonder if this is permanent or just temporary until they find a full time weekend evening co anchor... Personally I like seeing Lynda anchoring again.

This is the 2nd weekend in a row that Lynda Baquero has joined Rob Schmitt at 11pm on Sunday night...Wonder if this is permanent or just temporary until they find a full time weekend evening co anchor... Personally I like seeing Lynda anchoring again.

Although she seems to enjoy and does a good job in her current role, I really never understood why she was taken off the anchor desk in the first place. I hope she gets to do whatever she likes on WNBC.

My guess is she will go to WCBS unless WABC takes her back to avoid a potential lawsuit.

Stations don't take people back to avoid lawsuits. You avoid lawsuits by vetting dismissals through legal first.

A WABC reporter is not a civil service postition.