WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

• 2 weeks later...

Kerry Barrett, who was an anchor on Good Day on Fox 29 in Philly until this past December is joining WNBC soon...Not sure of her exact position but you can follow her here... https://mobile.twitter.com/Kerry4NY

I posted something similar in the FOX29 thread. According to her twitter bio it says "Purveyor of morning news WNBC" whatever that means. I'm wondering if she's going to be a morning reporter I know Darlene has no plans of stepping down as anchor of "Today in NY" on the weekdays. Or maybe perhaps she's replacing Contessa on the weekend morning "Today in NY" so Contessa can focus solely on the weeknight 7 pm newscasts (Just a thought of course).

I posted something similar in the FOX29 thread. According to her twitter bio it says "Purveyor of morning news WNBC" whatever that means. I'm wondering if she's going to be a morning reporter I know Darlene has no plans of stepping down as anchor of "Today in NY" on the weekdays. Or maybe perhaps she's replacing Contessa on the weekend morning "Today in NY" so Contessa can focus solely on the weeknight 7 pm newscasts (Just a thought of course).

Reporter or anchor.... Purveyor means giver of.

Whatever it is she starts tomorrow.

Looks like Kerry Barrett will be a "Breaking News" anchor for Today in NY:

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2015/3/1/changing-channels

Don't know why WNBC felt the need to have her be a "Breaking News" anchor for the morning program why not have her be a street reporter? Or have her replace Contessa on the weekend mornings and give Contessa the 7 pm slot full time on the weekdays?

Looks like Kerry Barrett will be a "Breaking News" anchor for Today in NY:

http://www.ftvlive.com/todays-news/2015/3/1/changing-channels

Don't know why WNBC felt the need to have her be a "Breaking News" anchor for the morning program why not have her be a street reporter? Or have her replace Contessa on the weekend mornings and give Contessa the 7 pm slot full time on the weekdays?

For some reason I don't foresee the 7pm lasting too long. All the other O&Os that had 7PMs seem to have dropped them.

The "Breaking News Anchor" seems to be like WRC's "LiveDesk" or WCAU's "Sat Center".

For some reason I don't foresee the 7pm lasting too long. All the other O&Os that had 7PMs seem to have dropped them.

The "Breaking News Anchor" seems to be like WRC's "LiveDesk" or WCAU's "Sat Center".

I think the 7 pm newscasts are great for people who get home too late from work to watch the news at 5 & 6, but don't want to wait up until 11 to watch the 11 pm news. Also didn't most of those O&Os drop the 7pm shows a few years ago after (insert state here) Non-stop changed to COZI-TV?

Well then that makes sense.

I think the 7 pm newscasts are great for people who get home too late from work to watch the news at 5 & 6, but don't want to wait up until 11 to watch the 11 pm news. Also didn't most of those O&Os drop the 7pm shows a few years ago after (insert state here) Non-stop changed to COZI-TV?

Well then that makes sense.

I personally do not like WNBC's 7pm show. The show just seems like they don't care about it, which is probably true. Also, with regards to people not home for the 6pm and don't want to be up at 11pm, there is also 9pm and 10pm, and DVR.

Just clicked on the link directly and it said the page doesn't exist so they did take it down... Not sure what to make of this but if it is true that she left, don't be surprised to see either Gus Rosendale or newly hired Kerry Barrett take that spot.

Just clicked on the link directly and it said the page doesn't exist so they did take it down... Not sure what to make of this but if it is true that she left, don't be surprised to see either Gus Rosendale or newly hired Kerry Barrett take that spot.

Well apparently Kerry has been hired as a "breaking news anchor" for the weekday versions of TINY. But as you said I wouldn't be surprised to see Kerry co-anchor the weekend morning newscasts alongside Pat. Wanted to also add Gus was on the weekend morning desk last weekend and both times he never said "I'm Gus Rosendale in for Contessa this morning" It was just "I'm Gus Rosendale" and then onto the first story.

Well apparently Kerry has been hired as a "breaking news anchor" for the weekday versions of TINY. But as you said I wouldn't be surprised to see Kerry co-anchor the weekend morning newscasts alongside Pat. Wanted to also add Gus was on the weekend morning desk last weekend and both times he never said "I'm Gus Rosendale in for Contessa this morning" It was just "I'm Gus Rosendale" and then onto the first story.

Her twitter feed references WNBC as late as Sunday. So if she was let go it must have been after that.

Just read this about Contessa Brewer from TV Spy, it appears like she's still with WNBC based on this article, just adding MSNBC to her workload on weekend evenings.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/tbt-wnbc-anchor-talks-on-her-jump-to-msnbc/143038

I read that too, but I was under the impression Contessa gave up her MSNBC live gig to be an WNBC anchor, but was still continuing to do caught on camera.

Just read this about Contessa Brewer from TV Spy, it appears like she's still with WNBC based on this article, just adding MSNBC to her workload on weekend evenings.

http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/tbt-wnbc-anchor-talks-on-her-jump-to-msnbc/143038

It's nothing new. She's been hosting Caught on Camera for years. It's all pre-recorded.

Kerry Barrett in for Pat Battle this morning. First time Kerry has been on the anchor desk since arriving earlier this month. Wanted to also add Gus Rosendale seems to permanent on the weekend TINY anchor desk although nothing official has been announced.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...