WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

• 3 weeks later...

David Ushery has just confirmed on his facebook that he will be anchoring daily at 5:30 with Shiba...Rob Schmitt to anchor weekend evenings...Didn't mention if he's also anchoring at Noon.

From what I can tell WNBC is doing what they did in the past of having 1 primary noon anchor (Shiba) and having 2 others split the noon duties while also working the weekend shift.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to point this out, but has anyone noticed that WNBC still hasn't added Stacey's bio to the website even though she's been at the station almost a year now, yet When Sibila joined the station or when Tom left they were pretty quick to add/remove their bios....nothing big just thought it's kinda odd.

• 3 weeks later...

WNBC having major technical problems now...Went on the air at 11pm...no ones mic's were working so they cut to commercial imediatly...its 11:07 and there still in commercial...I have never seen this...something seems wrong in the control room!

I was just about to post if WNBC was having problems.

Is the Today In New York 4am graphic even correct? There is no storm till Sunday evening into Monday AM.

The news came on at 11:10pm. They moved Rob to the flash cam in the control room.

I was just about to post if WNBC was having problems.

Is the Today In New York 4am graphic even correct? There is no storm till Sunday evening into Monday AM.

The news came on at 11:10pm. They moved Rob to the flash cam in the control room.

I don't think that was correct...I think they are going on at 4am on Monday though

Guess there is no room in the flash cam setup for two anchors. Stacey Bell is not on.

Odd they made no mention of the tech problems and just went on as if nothing was wrong.

Bruce is in AZ doing the sports reports.

Steve is doing weather from the same flash cam where Rob was.

Guess there is no room in the flash cam setup for two anchors. Stacey Bell is not on.

Odd they made no mention of the tech problems and just went on as if nothing was wrong.

Bruce is in AZ doing the sports reports.

Steve is doing weather from the same flash cam where Rob was.

Must be some kind of system failure in the main studio...Rob must have ran upstairs from the 3rd to 7th floor in those 10 minutes they were off the air.

Does NBC still live stream the O&O station newscasts ? I noticed there is no link on NBCNewYork.com or NBCWashington.com

The only link is http://www.nbc.com/live which you have to log into via your TV service provider.

They do...Not sure why there is no link but I usually just type in "live stream wnbc" in Google and it comes up

It's best not to point out issues. The people did notice wouldn't need to be reminded again, and you don't want to tell people just tuning in about your earlier issues. Also, it upsets the control room.

Not sure we could blame this on automation, it sounds like a wireless mic system flaked out and they had to switch to some place that had hard-wired mics.

• 2 weeks later...

This Sunday is SNL 40th Anniversary Special, and I guess Channel 4 will aired an special episode of 1st Look with New York Live's Sara Gore and Jacque Reid following the news... and an ad for the actual special was appeared in this week's New York Magazine but missing from the ad is the mention of "1st Look Live From New York" who is advertised on the station but not on the NY Magazine ad, and also missing from the ad is the use of the "4 New York" branding in which channel 4 runs the special, Instead they used "NBC" for national promos instead of just "4 New York" for advertisments of some National NBC Programs in magazines (like New York) and however they wanted to use the "4 New York" branding for some promotional materials in newspaper and outdoor advertisments of National NBC Programing... [ATTACH]1477.IPB[/ATTACH]

SNL40.thumb.jpg.9d95c955820d90ba2e0b5bddac0252ae.jpg

The ad was probably placed nationally by NBC in all copies of New York. Magazines like New York can sell ads nationally or by region. NYC is one region. If NBC chose to buy the ad in just NYC, they would've included the local branding. In this case, it seems that they wanted the same as in all regions so just used the national NBC logo.