WNBC - News 4 New York

Smitha A

Just looking at NBC Artworks, I saw that there was this whole "Look G" design for WNBC that was never used. If WNBC gets new graphics, this won't be the package, will it?

http://vimeo.com/33418139

It's a demo. Nothing more.

There was even a Look E demo reel from Stephen Arnold's YouTube channel featuring WNBC test graphics too. The only O&O that actually used it was KNSD. That video was the only thing close to WNBC with the NBC O&O Package. :(

Okay, when Andrea Romero did the weather last weekend, I realized it was Labor Day, and that probably meant that WNBC just wanted to give all of the other meteorologists off. But now that Veronica Johnson traveled all the way from Washington DC to do the weather here in NY today, means something. I don't see WNBC making Veronica travel here just because. All though I hope that report was wrong, maybe FTV Live was onto something, and one (or 2) WNBC meteorologists are getting axed or are leaving. We'll have to see in the coming days and weeks...

I've noticed Veronica Johnson doing the weather for MSNBC so it's not that uncommon for her to sub in NYC.

If I'm correct Janice was off Friday, Steve Villanueva subbed for her. Raphael Miranda is subbing for Steve at 6pm and 11pm.

Meanwhile on WABC Amy did the weather forecasts on all newscasts today.

Just watched News 4 @ 5 and was kind of confused. I turned on the tv and saw Shiba doing a stand up about ISIS. Then at the end of the piece she tossed it back to Sibila and Chuck. Why wouldn't they have Shiba host the News @ 5 if she's there?

Apparently it's something new that just started this week. Rather then just having Shiba & Chuck anchor the entire 5 pm hour, They decide to split the newcast in half with Sibila & Chuck anchoring the first half and then Shiba & so far David anchoring the second half...lame if you ask me. Personally I hope it's just a placeholder until WNBC decides on a permanent replacement for Tom be it someone hired from the outside, or a promotion from within at which point Shiba & Tom's replacement will most likely anchor the entire 5 pm hour.

Apparently it's something new that just started this week. Rather then just having Shiba & Chuck anchor the entire 5 pm hour, They decide to split the newcast in half with Sibila & Chuck anchoring the first half and then Shiba & so far David anchoring the second half...lame if you ask me. Personally I hope it's just a placeholder until WNBC decides on a permanent replacement for Tom be it someone hired from the outside, or a promotion from within at which point Shiba & Tom's replacement will most likely anchor the entire 5 pm hour.

I think what they should do is have Chuck and Sibila anchor at 5 and then have David and Shiba at 6...or just keep it the way they had it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Looks like this is the last weekend of The Debrief with David Ushery. Images posted on its Facebook page earlier today captioned the photos "Watch the final show of The Debrief with David Ushery this Sunday at 5:30 am and help us celebrate a fantastic five years!"

So when is that "Top of the Rock" cam going to be back?

Who knows when it will be replaced? What I'd like to know is why they aren't temporarily using NBC News/MSNBC's camera that's permanently pointed at the Empire State Building? That camera should be on their router and is still in working order. The only difference is that I believe WNBC's camera is a PTZ where the networks' locked in place (unless it's the other way around).

I wonder what is going on in the David Ushery camp... He has been off on weekends for a little while, and his Debrief show just ended. Could the mean he is in line for a promotion or is he heading out the door? I hope it is not the latter. Anyone have any insight on the scene over there at WNBC?

I wonder what is going on in the David Ushery camp... He has been off on weekends for a little while, and his Debrief show just ended. Could the mean he is in line for a promotion or is he heading out the door? I hope it is not the latter. Anyone have any insight on the scene over there at WNBC?

He could be the permanent co-anchor of the 2nd half of the 5 pm show alongside Shiba Russell. He has been working that shift pretty much ever since Tom left for ABC News.