Nbcchicago.com gets a new look and throws the 5 back in

Chicago News Boy

Noon1.jpg

You would of figured they would of noticed the slight mess up with their logo, before posting this.

It's been like that since the noon news premiered...the teaser, the promos, even the open all use the kooky peacock. I'm expecting that with a new logo and new graphics, they'll finally address this blatantly obvious mistake.

The peacock look looks dumb though it doesnt make sense.. But any graphics are better then the ones they got and i dont understand why they onlly have a 5 day forecast.. Thats dumb! They replaced the tvs in the tower studio behind the anchor desk to flatscreens but thats just one little change.. They need to ro ALOT more improving

Yes they def should clear it out and build a new set.. I have always thought too, that it would be cool just to use one set and use studio 5 as a big weather department.. Perfect size and it would be good for breaking weather and should their affilliate the weather channel come to chi they can use it to.. Or use it as the nbc chi nonstop studio

So with a little consolidation, they could have some half-way decent space to build a better set...or do they want to keep it open in case of any future hiring?

That's actually why I asked the question. I remember someone recently talking about how small of a space they have to build a new set. Honestly, they could just tear that whole fake newsroom out and build a set there, couldn't they?

That's actually why I asked the question. I remember someone recently talking about how small of a space they have to build a new set. Honestly, they could just tear that whole fake newsroom out and build a set there, couldn't they?

They could do a lot of things to expand the space like tear down more walls (bye, bye weather center). Can't remember whether or not T44's control room is right next to their set, so they couldn't expand in that direction. The set/desk originally was further back into the newsroom before they moved it forward to where it is today.

Even though Comcast is 'making it rain', if you will, lately, I'm not sure WMAQ will be getting a new set despite being in serious need of an upgrade.

Even though Comcast is 'making it rain', if you will, lately, I'm not sure WMAQ will be getting a new set despite being in serious need of an upgrade.

While Comcast is making it rain, it's still up to the individual stations' management to spend the money where it's needed. So if WMAQ's management feels that they don't need a new set, they don't get a new set.

Archived