NBC chicago changes?

Chicago News Boy

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a God.

BTW, they also updated the header on the website, the peacock has shrunk and "NBC Chicago" is in a different font (different from the other O&O sites).

Interesting. They went from Gotham to what looks like Univers and they also change the peacock itself. Using the new one from the network promo look.

Last night I noticed a few things. In the OTS picture attached, its the first time I've seen them use the website logo on air. Also, for the 10pm news they were broadcasting from Studio 5. On Allison's facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/allisonrosati, she mentions "See you tonight from Studio 5! We are cooking up something new at the NBC Tower." Wonder what's going on?

The new branding may be rolling out very soon. If you think about it, Studio 5 doesn't really have a lick of "NBC5" on it, whereas the Tower has the big logo in the back of the newsroom. All they'd need to do to Studio 5 is change the panels behind the desk and to the right of the stand-up area...for now.

Im not sure if anybody has said this yet...but when I saw the 10pm news on sunday, the lights were off in the newsroom and it looked like solid blue in the background.

So you're saying the entire newsroom is now (or could be) solid blue? If so, they tried that once before (in 1997-98). Everything was light blue and it didn't look good.

So you're saying the entire newsroom is now (or could be) solid blue? If so, they tried that once before (in 1997-98). Everything was light blue and it didn't look good.

That was saturday actually, but it looked like a dark blue behind her, and all you could see was the tv's that are in the newsroom. Normally on the 10pm you can see all of the (empty) desks behind them, but the newsroom lights aren't usually turned off.

Studio 5 again tonight...

Yes Studio 5 again. And Allison posted on Facebook again...

"Some wondering why we are at Studio 5 for the 10 pm show tonight. The answer... We are getting some work done at the Tower. Stay tuned... we hope you will be as excited as we are about what is happening at NBC5."

I really hope they are getting a new set and not just refreshing the newsroom again.

I really hope they are getting a new set and not just refreshing the newsroom again.

My gut tells me that that's going to be the case (a re-fresh) with a new desk, new graphics of course, and a few other tweaks to the set/weather center. I really hope I am wrong...... .

There likely won't be any type of unveiling until the start of sweeps or on Super Bowl Sunday (the latter being the better choice). The longer the wait, the greater the chances they're probably doing some serious work to the set/newsroom overall.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like the set will NOT debut next week. I emailed a reporter and she says that they are still working on it and that it will probably be awhile! I guess this is somewhat good news since they are making significant changes (hopefully).

Archived