New NBC ArtWorks graphics package

mark

Found this on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/31497509

It appears to be a new package created for KNTV, though it could easily be adapted for other stations. In fact, it looks similar to some of the new promo graphics seen on KNBC: http://www.youtube.com/profile?nomobile=1&user=NBC4Creative

I like it a lot. It's classy and modern. It's also... blue. It's definitely a departure from the warm colors traditionally seen on most of the NBC O&Os. It uses a similar "clean" look seen on many NBC and MSNBC shows, but it's a huge improvement from what they were trying to standardize earlier this year.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're gorgeous, but why should I bother...WMAQ will still keep the '05 package! :bang:

Updated: After watching the reel a few times, it appears to me that there are hints of Look C, WNBC and the KNSD Debranding incorporated in the package...AND IT WORKS!!! It's simple, fresh, classy and (to me) conveys authority.

KNTV has updated their studio desk front with the new pattern, and has been running "high quality" news promos with these graphics for about a month now. I figured that it would just be a matter of time before we saw some sort of relaunch. My avatar shows a cap of the promo animation btw.

KNTV has updated their studio desk front with the new pattern, and has been running "high quality" news promos with these graphics for about a month now. I figured that it would just be a matter of time before we saw some sort of relaunch. My avatar shows a cap of the promo animation btw.

Do you have a screencap of the new desk? I thought KNTV's desk didn't have a "front" so to speak??

These NBC ArtWorks graphics and animations are incredible.

I love it!

I wish KUSA in Denver would adopt that graphics/animation package.

To make it more fun, throw in the dance remix of the NBC Nightly News theme (used by the Seven network in Australia)

I would watch KUSA's news if that happened.

I hate that corporate graphics/animation/theme music package from KUSA's parent company GANNETT

These NBC ArtWorks graphics and animations are incredible.

I love it!

I wish KUSA in Denver would adopt that graphics/animation package.

To make it more fun, throw in the dance remix of the NBC Nightly News theme (used by the Seven network in Australia)

I would watch KUSA's news if that happened.

I hate that corporate graphics/animation/theme music package from KUSA's parent company GANNETT

Well KUSA is owned by Gannet, so they have to use its graphics.

I like those graphics for KNTV, and they display the Bay Area landmarks and the skyline of San Francisco quite well. On WNBC, I actually enjoy their existing opening with them showing the New York skyline and landmarks with the "4 (peacock) New York" logo saying the newscast name and time. The same with the interesting opening of WCAU. I think KXAS, WMAQ, and WVIT are in need of a new opening than those aforementioned two.

Well KUSA is owned by Gannet, so they have to use its graphics.

Not only that, but I believe that Gannett's graphics hub is based in Denver, so that makes KUSA much less likely to suddenly drop the standard GFX.

Back on topic, the O&O GFX here is amazing and well-implemented. I would be overjoyed if every O&O got this package at some point. :awesome:

Found this on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/31497509

It appears to be a new package created for KNTV, though it could easily be adapted for other stations. In fact, it looks similar to some of the new promo graphics seen on KNBC: http://www.youtube.c...er=NBC4Creative

I like it a lot. It's classy and modern. It's also... blue. It's definitely a departure from the warm colors traditionally seen on most of the NBC O&Os. It uses a similar "clean" look seen on many NBC and MSNBC shows, but it's a huge improvement from what they were trying to standardize earlier this year.

These graphics are great, real sophisticated, modern-looking, and fresh. (Just makes you wonder when is WMAQ ever going to adopt the package, if not soon, when?)

Archived