WNBC Moving to a New Studio

nynewslover

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ADMIN NOTE!

I know people are very eager to learn more about what's going on at WNBC, but constantly asking our friends from NBC if there are updates doesn't really make for a quality thread. They've been kind enough to join us and share what they know, but now that NBC has apparently cracked down on security for that studio (Which I'd guess it isn't usually standard procedure to assign a security guard to an empty studio or one with a set being built) it's understandable that we'll probably not get as many updates as we have been.

In short, please stop asking for updates. If they have something they can share, I'm sure they'll share it.

:smash:

Well I can only speak for myself BUT with the loss of Sue Simmons, I could't give a rat's you know what.

Could't [sic] give a rat's AA55?

I'm here all week...

Also, to the newsroom question, I'm pretty sure it wasn't. if memory serves the newsroom has been moved twice(?) since then. The first time to accommodate NBCNN, the second in a "temporary" fashion. I think...

I would love it if it's as big as those renders recently made....it would almost be like what 6B had goin' on....miss that big time!!

The renders are to scale, but if the old set is any indication it will look smaller "in person".

There are some camera tricks they could try to make it appear larger, but it still won't come close to the giant RP screen their old set had.

That's true.....I think that there were four projectors that were needed for how large the RP was....perhaps the largest in set design. Have you seen McCann Systems' webpage? They were the ones that had engineered the NBC 4 6B background....and it sounds like there was a good amount of work that had went into it (more details on the PDF):

http://www.mccannsystems.com/2010/06/wnbc-studios-new-york-new-york/

Floor tiles are 99 percent finished (all that's left to do is add the robotic camera 'parking' spots). Speaking of cameras, all 4 are in place. The new homebase desk is on the floor and wiring is being finalized. It does look different from the original one; less wood and more plexi on the front.

The background monitor wall consists of five 103-inch screens mounted vertically, angled toward the stage at the top to reduce reflections. The spaces between the monitors are hidden with decorative silver vertical poles, and there's more plexi attached to the poles in front of all the monitors.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived