WNBC Moving to a New Studio

nynewslover

That's rediculous.. They should have just taken the money and flushed it down the toilet.. It must have been pretty bad if they are willing to destroy a set and start all over again. Pretty sad actually.

NBC? Wasting money on sets and studios that never get used to their full potential?

24conan3-650.jpg

Surely you must be joking!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's still there?

No.

As much as I wasn't a huge fan of Conan's Tonight Show, that was a GORGEOUS set. If there wasn't such bad blood in the whole ordeal, it would've been nice for Leno to take that studio.

Why would they want to copy the WABC set?

Though the WABC set is not bad the circular WCBS set makes much better use of the studio.

The interview area of the WCBS set is a much nicer design.

Plus the weather center is closer to the desk on WCBS compared to WABC.

NBC? Wasting money on sets and studios that never get used to their full potential?

24conan3-650.jpg

Surely you must be joking!

NBC would NEVER do something stupid like that, or say, contracting out their station promotions to an ad agency in New York that designs a generic logo that is applied to nearly every piece of station branding and then abruptly pulling the look after it launched on a single station and was days from being launched across their station group.

166891_172730609428880_165519903483284_303922_75569_n.jpg

I mean, they are way too smart to do something incredibly dumb like that...

Man, we are really lucky that NBC has never, ever been that irresponsible. Could you imagine the PR mess?

And their ratings would be absolutely awful!

The only thing that would be worse? Putting Jay Leno on at 10pm. Boy, you know how much it would ruin their affiliates' late newscasts?

So they wasted thousands of dollars on a set that we will never see. Classic, classic NBC. I know some are speculating that maybe WABC and WNBC did their design process around the same time and WABC just release there set first. But I really don't believe it was that similar and if so who cares. All sets now a days are copy cats of each others. I know NY is the number 1 market but they too have also been slacking in product for the last few years. The only set I like is WCBS. NY wasn't really that good on sets anyway because people main concern was the news content and that is missing as of today. Go back to the drawing board, build a set and remember to put the news in local news.

While we're at it, I want to bring up something else.

This style of logo has been appearing in their recent promos lately:

[yt]5XtlgZoczdw[/yt]

I'm absolutely dumbfounded that version is appearing on the air, because it looks horrible... and I'm certain it's violating at least two of the Acceptable Uses Of The NBC Peacock. If they're willing to dismantle a set because it's not up to snuff, then they need to tell the people at WNBC "uh, no, you can't do that to our logo".

While we're at it, I want to bring up something else.

This style of logo has been appearing in their recent promos lately:

[yt]5XtlgZoczdw[/yt]

I'm absolutely dumbfounded that version is appearing on the air, because it looks horrible... and I'm certain it's violating at least two of the Acceptable Uses Of The NBC Peacock. If they're willing to dismantle a set because it's not up to snuff, then they need to tell the people at WNBC "uh, no, you can't do that to our logo".

Speaking of acceptable uses (or abuses) of the peacock.. How many different color combinations of the NBC logo do you see in this WMAQ open? Hell, go through a whole newscast and I'm sure there are others..

[yt]raSJVURHBSs[/yt]

As for WNBC's recently dumped set, I wouldn't be surprised if it, or any parts of it, were making its way to Chicago..

As for WNBC's recently dumped set, I wouldn't be surprised if it, or any parts of it, were making its way to Chicago..

You know, I was wondering that myself. With timing of the delay at NBC 5 and the scrapping of the set at NBC 4, I wonder if that's not what's going on. I hope that's what it is.

Speaking of acceptable uses (or abuses) of the peacock.. How many different color combinations of the NBC logo do you see in this WMAQ open? Hell, go through a whole newscast and I'm sure there are others..

[yt]raSJVURHBSs[/yt]

I still don't know how they get away with that...or why they'd even have a confused peacock in their files in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

Why would they want to copy the WABC set?

Though the WABC set is not bad the circular WCBS set makes much better use of the studio.

The interview area of the WCBS set is a much nicer design.

Plus the weather center is closer to the desk on WCBS compared to WABC.

The WNBC set and the WABC set were both designed by the same company: Clickspring.

Archived