WNBC Moving to a New Studio

nynewslover

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/479603-KNBC_Los_Angeles_Helicopter_Takes_Flight.php

Only KNBC did.

Sibling WNBC New York will get its helicopter later this year.

And it looks, uh, unique...

nbc-news-chopper1.jpg

Only KNBC did.

And it looks, uh, unique...

That's KNBC's very old NewsChopper 4. That picture must be from about 1999, as they moved to a different helicopter (N354LA) with a paint scheme inspired by the Novocom O&O graphics before pilot/reporter Bob Pettee was fired/convicted and NBC grounded the chopper. N354LA is now flying for the US Forest Service.

Here's what 4 Tango-Victor looks like now. Still owned by Coastal Helicopters and still based at KVNY, but looks like it has had all ENG gear removed.

They should just wait until June and build a better set that's not a rip off of WABC's crappy set. It'll be the 20th anniversary of "4 New York" (both the song and the branding) then.

I agree with you.. They could have a huge launch and everything.. The thing with WABC is that the lighting isn't the normal studio lighting and what we see on tv isn't doing the studio justice.. If they were in a normal sized studio and not the old disney store it would be alot better..

Whatever they do, WCBS will still have the best set in NY. Isn't this ironic becuase in 2007 WNBC had the best set in NY. Studio 3C is too small for a set. I agree that they should stay in 7E but time will tell.

Whatever they do, WCBS will still have the best set in NY. Isn't this ironic becuase in 2007 WNBC had the best set in NY. Studio 3C is too small for a set. I agree that they should stay in 7E but time will tell.

I agree that the last set in 6B was the best, the rear projection display is what makes it the best. At this point, WCBS, does have the best set in my book in 2011.

I am not surprised that the WNBC 3C set is gone. Then again, how can you put a set in 3C after the 2007 renovation for MSNBC in 3A.

Netnewsguy just an estimate a guess then please!

If the O&O chief basically said "scrap everything" of what was almost certainly a two month project, I would expect at least another two months. (And probably launching the graphics while in the current studio.)

Also as far as the best set in 3C, anyone who says the 03 set was the best one is objectively wrong.

[yt]fA7op98oVuM[/yt]

I mean, really. The News 4 New York set was the best set ever.

That said yeah, WCBS' really awesome set is definitely the best one in the city. That should be the one being emulated, not 7's.

Netnewsguy just an estimate a guess then please!

Well, now they have till the summer 2012 olympics in august as nbc's "next big event." they should have plenty of time till then. with the graphics, I don't think it will debut until they are in their new studio; they did it in 2003 and 2008. second, the set does go good with the 2008 graphics.

Well, now they have till the summer 2012 olympics in august as nbc's "next big event." they should have plenty of time till then. with the graphics, I don't think it will debut until they are in their new studio; they did it in 2003 and 2008. second, the set does go good with the 2008 graphics.

I dunno. NBC clearly seems to be getting everyone over to the new graphics before or on Super Bowl Sunday. And by all accounts, WNBC was to be the first station with the new look. I can see them going to the graphics as planned and switching over to the set when it's ready (and given the way this is going, that will be the Olympics!)

They'll probably not put it off any later than May sweeps. In a building where studio space is at a prime, I doubt the other departments would like it if WNBC was allowed to hog 3C for more than half a year without actually using it.

Archived