WNBC Moving to a New Studio

nynewslover

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thank you for the info. that's really depressing. liked their skyline set during the late 90's early 2000's....It was the best set in the city. They also need to get a new gfx package. I'm all for returning back to the "red line" era....or am I crazy?

thank you for the info. that's really depressing. liked their skyline set during the late 90's early 2000's....It was the best set in the city. They also need to get a new gfx package. I'm all for returning back to the "red line" era....or am I crazy?

most likely a new music package and graphic package is expected.

maybe the new graphic package can contain not only the red line but the 4 getting struck by lightning.

Will they be doing NY Live from the new stduio? Is there even enough room for a seperate interview area?

maybe they will redesign 7e? makes no sense to take the studio apart(not the set) , since it was only built not even 4 years ago from a conference room. ($15 million at its best...)

They could always switch graphics and not move to the set until later...it's not like their logo will be changing like some of the other stations. Besides, it certainly would not be the first time that a station staggered reveals of new looks and locales.

Does anyone know if it will have the NY city skyline? I still don't get why they ever got rid of their set from 2003. It was the best ever. It had two main news desks.

Uh... They had to move out of the studio...

Jimmy Fallon uses that studio now, and Dr. Oz has the Letterman/Conan studio.

I heard that KNBC will be in their new studio on Monday..I wonder if WNBC will be doing the same or if they will have to make changes.

And don't forget about WMAQ- NBC 5 Chicago. It will be interesting if all three unveil their new set/graphics on the same day. It may be too tough to pull off however.

I heard that KNBC will be in their new studio on Monday..I wonder if WNBC will be doing the same or if they will have to make changes.

if i am thinking of what nbc is trying to do is get everything settle for the newscasts on super bowl day. something is telling me with wnbc, it will not be ready.

And don't forget about WMAQ- NBC 5 Chicago. It will be interesting if all three unveil their new set/graphics on the same day. It may be too tough to pull off however.

NBC switched I think 10 of their O&Os to Look A in 2005. CBS introduced new sets, graphics and branding to their three biggest stations on the same day in 1997.

I really don't think it'd be that tough to coordinate those three, and they can probably introduce the new graphics simultaneously on all eight stations that are getting them...

Also worth noting in that picture: the robocams have been moved out of the studio.

The robo cams are in use this morning. On a wide studio shot one of them was moving positions going to break.

It does appear though at least one of the cameras is being manually controlled.

Archived