The Weather Channel @ 25

Guest zas1977

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Junk Junk

Their slogan bothers me: "25 years of great weather." Hello? Hurricanes Andrew and Katrina? Remember those?

::D

Their slogan bothers me: "25 years of great weather." Hello? Hurricanes Andrew and Katrina? Remember those?

::D

Oh, come on, maybe their understanding of "great" is exciting and compelling, not so much "great" as wonderful and perfect.

Guest Junk Junk

I think they mean "25 Years of Great Weather Coverage." ??? ??? ???

Okay then: their slogan should be "25 Years of Great Weather Coverage."

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that their slogan isn't accurate...

• 3 weeks later...

Not to mention their coverage of Hurricane Floyd, which gave TWC its highest ratings ever!

Jonathan Allen

And now most recently wasn't it Hurricane Katrina that gave them the highest ratings?

The end of 2005 was a great time for TWC.

They even built a set for the 2006 year..only to rarely have anything that was headed to the US..it was actually funny.

They did their "Storm Alert" for Rain Shower Alberto. Ernesto was more understandable than alberto..but still rediculous to go wall-to-wall using dramatic music and flashy graphics.

• 2 months later...

does anyone remember Mary Brown on the weather channel? I was curious why it listed her as deceased and someone on yahoo answers told me she left twc and went to local tv in arkansas and at some point committed suicide.

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone remember Mary Brown on the weather channel? I was curious why it listed her as deceased and someone on yahoo answers told me she left twc and went to local tv in arkansas and at some point committed suicide.

More than likely the person that told you that is wrong. ;). If she was listed as Deceased on The Weather Channel's website or another official source, than more than likely she is.

-Vlad

Archived