Unveiling of WABC-TV's New Set / Studio

Vlad

I feel like Devlin wouldn't have pushed them on multipanel displays. I think the WABC set would look much better with one large monitor, not 10 or so combined into one. That seems very 1995 to me.

They did it with the WZTV set. If you imagine the WZTV set using that exciting grey color the WABC set has, there's a bit of similarity...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

overall I really like it..it is a lot better than the old studio..I like how they keep showing the people standing outside, thats cool..I agree the circle 7 on the desk should be lit...but that is a tiny "flaw" in an overall masterpiece.. GREAT job WABC!! Its great!

Glad that huge 7 is in the middle of the desk or I would have forgotten who I was watching :huh: A little overpowering wouldn't you say,

considering EWN, abc and 7 are on both sides of it already.

Thought the weather center looked nice and airy. Don't know where the pc's are but hopefully within reach so the Lee, Jeff etc

can get to it if something goes awry. The Accuweather branding is a little much though. It was the entire background in Jeff's single shot in his main weather hit.

Otherwise, smart looking studio although nothing out of the ordinary; just keeping up with the Jones's in a classy way.

Glad that most of the comments on here are pretty much positive... I know a lot of you have been waiting a long time for this!

To quickly answer the question about the "shakiness" of the cameras... They are only semi-robitic. The pedestals don't move around on their own, due to pre-existing structural supports for the building that could not be removed. As for fuzziness/lighting issues...it's most likely filtering issues.. they will be resolved... this was the first broadcast on-air.

Nynewsguy, do you know if in studio interviews will ever return to the weekend AM newscasts or be done in the 4pm newscast?

Is Up Close with Diana Williams returning soon? A show called Deals has been airing at 11am Sundays for the last few weeks.

I wonder if Tiempo was taped in the new studio or if it will be the last show broadcast that was taped in the old studio.

I keep getting the page not found error or the website does not load.

Archived