Unveiling of WABC-TV's New Set / Studio

Vlad

Vlad, thank you for the great pics and the video. I'm very impressed by them, And you'r right; this set will blow all others out of the water...or at least in this case, the Hudson River water (rimshot). by the way about that piece of comment in the WABC graphics that say that I live your screenname; i didn't mean to post it in public and freak you out. I'm sorry. OTPH, can't wait for First @ 4!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone tuning in at 11p tonight in case they do a soft launch of the new studio like they did with the current set when it debuted? If not, maybe it'll debut tomorrow in the morning or with First @ 4pm. Can't wait to see it!

PS: I noticed on Friday's 6pm newscast, during one of the bumpers, they showed live footage from the tail camera of NewsCopter7 hovering over the city (so you could see the ABC7 logo on the side) while Liz said "...and NewsCopter7 following breaking news and traffic...". Have they done this before or was it a one time thing?

They have been using the tail camea on the chopper for a few weeks now.. Probably right after the hurricane.. Fox5 has done it for years.. Not sure why Ch7 is following it now all of a sudden.

Dude, calm down - it's just a news set.

Something probably came up at the last minute. It happens. Better to get the debut right than debut with an incomplete set (and yes, I've seen stations do exactly that).

Plus, the two anchors of the 4pm are off today. If you're unveiling a brand new set, wouldn't you want the normal anchors there on launch day?

WHAT THE HELL!?!

What did I say last night? I said that the plan was for 4:30AM unless something came up, which happened, and therefore - no debut. The control room for TV13 is the same for TV13A - from what I understand, there was a switching issue that came up in testing early this morning.

Relax though, it'll come. You've seen it in pictures, it exists.

What did I say last night? I said that the plan was for 4:30AM unless something came up, which happened, and therefore - no debut. The control room for TV13 is the same for TV13A - from what I understand, there was a switching issue that came up in testing early this morning.

Relax though, it'll come. You've seen it in pictures, it exists.

nynewsguy.. Since u work there.. How serious is the problem? Any chance it'll debut tomorrow or sometime this week?

Dude, calm down - it's just a news set.

Something probably came up at the last minute. It happens. Better to get the debut right than debut with an incomplete set (and yes, I've seen stations do exactly that).

Plus, the two anchors of the 4pm are off today. If you're unveiling a brand new set, wouldn't you want the normal anchors there on launch day?

Exactly. When doing a debut of sorts, you want your main people to be there.

It's funny-it's been kind of a slow day here, but it's just the calm before the storm...the excitement of Christmas Eve!

WHAT THE HELL!?!

Wow.. So much for a monday debut.. This sucks.. But for some reason I'm not shocked that they are still on the old set.

I'm glad I can always come here for a good laugh. Holy shit...I'm surprised nobody from here called their newsroom to annoy the employee who picks up the phone ask about the set.

I'm glad I can always come here for a good laugh. Holy shit...I'm surprised nobody from here called their newsroom to annoy the employee who picks up the phone ask about the set.

douche.

Anyway, bummer about the set. Was looking forward to seeing it. Oh well.

it amazes me how much shit people will say when they are sitting behind a computer. and it doesn't affect you anyway cause according to your thing u aren't even from NY. lol

it amazes me how much shit people will say when they are sitting behind a computer. and it doesn't affect you anyway cause according to your thing u aren't even from NY. lol

Let's not turn this thread into anything negative. If you don't like what someone said, just ignore it.

This is obviously an exciting time for Ch. 7 fans, so let's all do our part to keep it positive.

Hopefully the set will debut tomorrow morning and since the problem seems to be fixed... Maybe a debut tonight at 11?...

Let's not turn this thread into anything negative. If you don't like what someone said, just ignore it.

This is obviously an exciting time for Ch. 7 fans, so let's all do our part to keep it positive.

Hopefully the set will debut tomorrow morning and since the problem seems to be fixed... Maybe a debut tonight at 11?...

You're right. I'm not as much of a "set stroker" as I used to be, but even I am sitting by with a bit baited breath about this set. And I'm really looking forward to what CBS comes up with for the Early Show.

Enjoy the moment, guys...

Well anyway bottom line is that the set exists and we are not living in some fantasy world. Save that for FantasyTV America haha for those who remember what that was lol.

The pictures speak for themselves. From the ones I've taken, the one David Novarro himself took and tweeted, the one Amy Freeze tweeted and even the one we saw on Regis and Kelly, the set EXISTS. And it is finished and completed.

When they work out the kinks I'm sure they'll unveil it on television. Who knows the delay could because they are adding music or changing something. They would also announce it as well when they are ready to release it. Maybe they are not ready or maybe they are working on the graphics aspect or uploading new data to the control room. We've all shown a desire for them to change the music and all, who knows if that's not what they are doing?

Knowing WABC they rather have a solid news broadcast with no glitches and hiccups rather than something that is broken lol. It's only a matter of time at this point since the studio is fully built and ready to go...

Just saw that too ... Looks like this weekend is the debut date.

There you have it, we've heard it from the source on Facebook. As a tradition they always debut significant changes during the weekend makes sense because should anything go wrong or go unexpected they have ample time to fix it since less people watch during the weekend.

I'm pretty sure it will be during the 6PM Saturday Broadcast just like they did in January 2004.

Any word on the music nynewsguy? Or is it gonna remain the same?

I suppose I should apologize for my earlier comments. I remember the times being on here, wishing and hoping I could get look at the "latest-and-greatest" sets. I was a bit cranky after finishing up a several-day project, and probably should have just gone to bed or something.

Ya'll have fun with the set, I'll promise to step-aside.

Archived