Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
TexasTVNews

Out and About

Just now, TheWatcherAtl said:

No wonder why WFAA hired Demtria Obilor. They knew it would boost young viewership.

WFAA That Bass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Yet Scripps yanked them a few years back in favor of their own inbred syndication efforts.  Stations like WEWS have never recovered...and helped stations like WBFF rise out of the ratings basement.

I notice KDVR seems to have gotten more competitive since they scooped the pair up after KMGH had to get rid of them...

• Like 2

Jonathan Cooper leaves KOCO 5 in Oklahoma City and is moving up the turnpike to KOTV in Tulsa to be the new weekend evening anchor and reporter 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TVIntheDesert said:

I just heard through the grapevine that Stephanie Hockridge said her goodbyes at KNXV this evening.

She certainly did. She doesn't post much to social media anymore. I'm guessing she has a new job outside of TV, or she's following the new fiance somewhere.

Longtime WPXI Sports Director Sam Nover died overnight. He was a major part of the Pittsburgh Steelers TV coverage during the team’s dynasty in the 70s when then-WIIC was the team’s flagship station carrying their preseason games and the majority of their regular and postseason games carried on NBC. He also was the last person to interview Roberto Clemente two months before he died tragically in a plane crash on New Year’s Eve 1972. He worked for WIIC/WPXI from 1970-2001 with a two year stint at NBC in between from 1980-82. 

https://www.post-gazette.com/local/region/2018/12/04/Sam-Nover-longtime-WPXI-sportscaster-dies-at-77/stories/201812040178

Edited by jerseyfla

The TXA21 (KTXA - CBS 11 Sister Station) branding is no more... As of today, TXA21 is now Texas 21.

quU0ClC9.jpg

• Like 1

That's awful. Everything about it is poorly executed. The 21 isn't even at the same perspective as the rest of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasTVNews said:

The TXA21 (KTXA - CBS 11 Sister Station) branding is no more... As of today, TXA21 is now Texas 21.

quU0ClC9.jpg

That’s the first time I’ve ever seen a TV station’s logo resemble an interstate sign. There is at least one radio station I know of that has a similar logo (KYKZ-FM in Lake Charles, LA), but their logo utilizes the complete interstate logo design, whereas KTXA’s interstate logo doesn’t.....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, J1975am said:

That’s the first time I’ve ever seen a TV station’s logo resemble an interstate sign. There is at least one radio station I know of that has a similar logo (KYKZ-FM in Lake Charles, LA), but their logo utilizes the complete interstate logo design, whereas KTXA’s interstate logo doesn’t.....

KOBI/KOTI has been using the "Interstate Sign" logo for decades, and their former sister station in Chico/Redding (KRCR) might have done so too at one time. 

19 minutes ago, J1975am said:

There's also this, which looks even worse. But it's also a microscopic market compared to DFW. 

Nbc5.png

20 minutes ago, J1975am said:

KOBI and KOTI say hi.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JacobC said:

More like I-21 during the morning commute 

The irony is there is no such route as I-21.

Mike Thompson last day he said last night on the 9PM Newscast is 12-21 and not leaving area and his wife won't know what to do with him home more know.

The "Texas 21" branding comes back to me when KXTX was then known as "Texas 39" in the early-mid 90s and KTXD was also known as "Texas 47".

2 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

quU0ClC9.jpg

Wow! That new logo reminds me of the Phillips 66 logo.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, channel2 said:

That isn't even how an interstate sign is shaped.

That's because the Texas 21 logo is shaped after a US Highway sign, not an Interstate sign.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, TexasTVNews said:

quU0ClC9.jpg

Yeah, more like the last few weeks. Been seeing promos with the new name during Jeopardy.

Also, they are now the second media outlet in Dallas with a highway sign logo. The other?

738CE209-12EF-4923-AA58-86B0733CA1A2.jpeg

Edited by Georgie56
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TheOneManHerd said:

There's also this, which looks even worse. But it's also a microscopic market compared to DFW. 

Nbc5.png

Wow. I didn’t know about the KOBI/KOTI logo; it is small, but I wouldn’t say it looks worse than KTXA’s logo....

• Like 1

Some New M&As. 

NBC is acquiring Telemundo affiliates in Sacramento & Salt Lake City, owned by Serestar Communications  for $21M.

Also, Scripps is buying independent station WHDT in Stuart, FL, from Gunter Marksteiner, for $25M. 

It already owns the NBC station WPTV and operates the Raycom-owned Fox outlet WFLX.

No telling what they'll be using the new channel for, once the deal is done.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TheOneManHerd said:

Nbc5.png

My eyes are burning...

13 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Some New M&As. 

NBC is acquiring Telemundo affiliates in Sacramento & Salt Lake City, owned by Serestar Communications  for $21M.

Also, Scripps is buying independent station WHDT in Stuart, FL, from Gunter Marksteiner, for $25M. 

It already owns the NBC station WPTV and operates the Raycom-owned Fox outlet WFLX.

No telling what they'll be using the new channel for, once the deal is done.

Did they buy the CW or MyNetwork affiliation from Sinclair behind the scenes? That's just about the only reason I could come up with for why Scripps would want WHDT unless they plan on moving WFLX's unit to that channel. I mean, this is out of left field, here.