WFLD new set

cbs2worksforyou

Ugh, the way the logo appears in the open is just terrible; looks like a cheap job. Perhaps even worse is the way the talent rejoin just does a hard cut from Canellis back into the newscast without any kind of logo or transitional effect.

Keep up the sloppy production, WFLD!

Don't be surprised if you see these new opens/rejoins spreading to other FOX O&O's like some sort of virus..

What they had way back in 1995 is even better..

Wow, I was only 5 when WFLD looked like that, but the image of the blue checkered background brings back memories. Wonder how Robin Robinson feels being one of the only staffers left from back then. It's got to be weird seeing the entire staff change around you over the course of just a few years. I'm surprised Fowler didn't boot her and replace her with a different African American female anchor just for the sake of change.

Ugh, the way the logo appears in the open is just terrible; looks like a cheap job. Perhaps even worse is the way the talent rejoin just does a hard cut from Canellis back into the newscast without any kind of logo or transitional effect.

Keep up the sloppy production, WFLD!

The promos for the weather team, Bob and Robin, etc,,, are pretty good (nice and simple), but the new opening and talent rejoin are complete crap. No one seems to be on the same page on anything. GDC does its own thing, same for the Noon show, 9PM and weekends. They just can't get it together.

That's from 1995?? It looks like it was made in 2005 or 2003 or...well...1995 you say?

1995 indeed. You can tell by Robin Robinson's hairstyle. Also, that is the set WFLD had from 1995 to 1997. Plus, the biggest giveaway is the date in the opening. There was a time when WFLD had a superb graphics department pumping out some of the best stuff for an in-house graphics department.

More good '90s WFLD stuff (Starting at the 1:10 time)..

It's just a promo but it showcases my favorite of all the theme packages WFLD used. Their NJJ package. It just blows me away that WFLD used to be a great station (eventhough they weren't number 1, they were still a great FOX station) with a great news department and now they've sunk so deep..

1995 indeed. You can tell by Robin Robinson's hairstyle. Also, that is the set WFLD had from 1995 to 1997. Plus, the biggest giveaway is the date in the opening. There was a time when WFLD had a superb graphics department pumping out some of the best stuff for an in-house graphics department.

More good '90s WFLD stuff (Starting at the 1:10 time)..

It's just a promo but it showcases my favorite of all the theme packages WFLD used. Their NJJ package. It just blows me away that WFLD used to be a great station (eventhough they weren't number 1, they were still a great FOX station) with a great news department and now they've sunk so deep..

Oh yeah, I always loved that music and graphics package back then. I was actually a little sad when they dumped it.

Thanks for the proof...BTW the what-your-face announcer in that promo...I loved his voice. Especiaaly during the WTXF Ten O'Clock News. I watch it all the time for him...and everything else. That was before they got rid of him for that dumb FNC announcer in 2007. I hated them and that voice ever since. But I still watch The Ten O'Clock News. Someone please send me a video of that voice...and their theme song too. I love both of them together.

Archived