Question about WABC and "Live! w/Regis and Kelly"

WXmanTim

I've heard/read that WABC's newscasts and "Live! with Regis and Kelly" are broadcast from the same studio at the WABC center at Lincoln Square. I've become a somewhat frequent viewer of "Live" in the last couple months, and noticed that the studio looks relatively large, especially the studio audience portion.

Here's my question: Post 7am, when I'm assuming the studio is prepped for the "Live" taping, where does WABC originate their GMA cut-ins? I assume its pretty noisy in the studio as the "Live" sets are wheeled into place, making it kind of incovenient to do the cut-ins from there, so I'm guessing the newsroom.

Anyone know?

Thanks.

The cut-ins for GMA originate from WABC's newsroom.

As I understand it, sometime around the first of the year, Live will move to the Tony Danza Show's old studio and a new, significantly larger HD studio will be built for Eyewitness News.

img.php?image=92848_WABC.12.03.06_04_122_573lo.jpg

correct - currently the "Eyewitness News" set is right behind the backdrop in the "Live" set. They're both in studio 7. There is only ONE studio at 7 Lincoln Square.

At some point in 2007, Regis moves next door (literally, next door) and they gut studio 7. The HD set will begin installation after that.

SO what will the temp set be like, or will the news be from the newsroom?

In 2004, A Temporary set was setup in the Regis and Kelly portion of Studio 7. During that time Regis and Kelly aired reruns. So being that the whole Studio 7 will be reconstructed in 2007, it is likely that for the month of August 2007, the set will begin its construction and during that time it is likely that parts of the current set may move to another part of the building, Or they may perhaps air their broadcasts from the Newsroom.

-Vlad

This is all true. I've been to both portions of the studio. Eyewitness news is within the same studio behind the backdrop. The current Eyewitness News portion of the studio is very very small. If what is said above about Live moving next store and Eyewitness News getting the entire studio then they'll probably plenty of room.

Archived