The News Is Back!

qwertnyc

This little nugget is interesting also: NBC is renaming its station group from NBC Local Media to NBC Owned Television Stations.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2011/06/17/2011-06-17_this_just_back_in_local_news_ch_4_to_reclaim_5_pm_slot.html#ixzz1PXkvrMvn

More than a nugget: B&C had a memo that strongly suggests a change in direction for the group's look (read: that new standard look is probably dead)

I put a post here.

Is NBC4 gonna renamed their 5pm newscast "Live at Five"?

Well they should've at least cancelled 'LX New York' (or should I say 'New York Live') since they're moving it to 3PM. That show is and always will be what it truly is, A joke.

Well they should've at least cancelled 'LX New York' (or should I say 'New York Live') since they're moving it to 3PM. That show is and always will be what it truly is, A joke.

The show is just a waste of airspace. Anyway good thing they are moving it to another slot. They are probably gonna cancel it after this year. I doubt it'll last after the move. Anyway WNBC has to start returning to their roots because they are digging themselves deeper and deeper in that hole that they are already in. It'd gonna take some time though for WNBC to dig themselves out though once the 5pm returns.. They need to seriously consider working on their formatting.. of the show and return to the style they had back in the 80s Live at Five.

Jim and Kaity reuniting? And to learn from the defunct 6:30pm newscast, don't make the news at 5pm a preview/plug of what's to come at 10pm.

Great to know WNBC has come to their senses.

5pm will certainly be a crowded field.

Should WPIX decide to launch a 5pm newscast, it should be in the studio--with Kaity and Jim. Same for the 10pm newscast.

Glad to see that WNBC has management that is committed to the growth of their news department, and maybe they will get rid of New York Live, or whatever the title of the moment is.

Studio 3B is a possibility. On Wikipedia it only has "MSNBC" delegated to it and the description says it was last used to cover the 2008 Presidential Election. Unless the list is out of date, of course...

WNBC is currently in studio 7-E.

8-G is the studio used for the Football Night in America and was used during the presidential election coverage.

Is it possible for WNBC to move to 8-G without having to move their control room?

Could they instead just do a remodel to the current studio giving less space to the news room and content center?

Compared the other local channels WNBC's studio looks real small.

Yeah, WABC's digs are pretty dinky, as we all know, but WNBC is probably going to get blown away when the new Channel 7 studio goes on-air.

Yeah, WABC's digs are pretty dinky, as we all know, but WNBC is probably going to get blown away when the new Channel 7 studio goes on-air.

Do any one know when WABC new studio will be finish?

WNBC is currently in studio 7-E.

8-G is the studio used for the Football Night in America and was used during the presidential election coverage.

Is it possible for WNBC to move to 8-G without having to move their control room?

Could they instead just do a remodel to the current studio giving less space to the news room and content center?

Since they moved studios and switched to Ignite, apparently they don't have an actual control room anymore.

Assuming WNBC takes over 8G, what happens to football programming? I think the most logical move would be to 3B since it is seemingly empty, and probably no longer has a dedicated control room (It used to share with 3A, but since there is now regular programming coming from there I'm guessing it's been reversed). Would be easy to shove the Ignite stuff in a corner or an old broom closet. :D

Anyone think that David and Darlene will possibly anchor the new 5pm newscast?

Not sure what the ultimate plan for Shiba Russell is, but I wouldn't be surprised to see her end up somewhere on weeknights. She's already appears to be the main fill-in anchor for Sue Simmons and has recently anchored the 11pm news solo. My other choices for 5pm would easily be Erika Tarantal and/or Darlene Rodriquez.

I'm stopping by NBC on Wednesday so I'll find out the future of Studio 3B and the WNBC move.

As for WABC's set update, the construction crew is really focusing on the new passageway from 7 Lincoln to 147 Columbus. I took a quick peep at the space and it's larger than I expected, but they have a long way to go.

I thought the same thing too.. I was actually pleasantly surprised when I saw the size it was...

How about the possibility of "New York Live" moving to NY NonStop?

And I agree with newscopter7: Jane Hanson should anchor, or at least be strongly considered to anchor, this 5p 'cast.

I would almost guarantee that Shiba Russell will get either the 5PM or 6PM show... I would bet that being on weeknights sooner than later was part of her deal.

Archived