WJET getting a new set, graphics, logo

capsgm2002

In a market that has seen very little changes in the past decade, WJET is getting a new set, as the set with the Flagship Niagara they've used for the better part of 10 years, and the newscasts are being done in front of a chromakey background with an extreme closeup, so it looks pretty weird. FOX 66 will get a new set also, rather than using the WJET set.

The new set should debut by the end of the month or in early-July. I wonder if they'll get rid of Palmer News Package also, they've used it for 12 years and one of the few stations to still use it.

Meanwhile, WICU/WSEE rolled out a new website last week at www.erietvnews.com. They still have separate newscasts (I'm not sure why, as WSEE has to tape their 6pm at 4pm and 11pm is done live at 10pm on the CW) but apparently a new control room is on the way for WSEE. Still, it's better than another newscast going to the wayside.

I've heard WJET is getting new graphics also, which are long overdue. Nexstar has an agreement with Stephen Arnold Music so I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped PNP. WFXP used The X Package until the end of 2010 because the royalties increased, and they now use Extreme.

Going from Enforcer to that. That would be definitely most awful

PNP is a classic, no doubt. They'll even have the long close on from time to time on Friday newscast. I'm hoping they'll get Metropolis or U-Phonix.

• 2 weeks later...

They showed some glimpses of the new set today... doesn't look too bad. Launch date is by the end of this week. I'll try to get pics when the new look debuts.

http://yourerie.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=180937

[ATTACH]981.IPB[/ATTACH]

EDIT: Looks like they're gonna go heavy with the blue/red look after years of using yellow... I wouldn't be surprised if their 30+ year old logo goes by the wayside.

258102_184636181590487_149837785070327_446478_5152520_o.thumb.jpg.de6bcee4d4b652a3c1e1968d0f57fe5f.jpg

They showed the new logo during a commercial break... not bad at all and a much needed upgrade over the one they've used since 1980. They're also going to go by "JET 24" rather than JET-TV as they have since 1999.

[ATTACH]982.IPB[/ATTACH]

EDIT: New look is being rolled out slowly. The noon newscast has updated weather graphics, but nothing else has changed. The old logo is still being used. The weather graphics look very nice. JET Pinpoint Weather will become "Your Weather Authority".

I don't have a capture card so I have cell phone photos. I apologize for the quality.

1601mk5.jpg

Forecast First segment.

fejmrn.jpg

Current Conditions

4t3868.jpg

Temperature Maps, colors correspondent

za4oy.jpg

Dew Points

95vb40.jpg

Tonight's Forecast

286qxzr.jpg

Tomorrow's Forecast

oji0lv.jpg

7-Day Forecast

The weather graphics are already a huge upgrade over what they had

2w4be9x.jpg

2mpwv8m.jpg

I can't wait to see the rest of the new look!

JET24.jpg.33a79b724f7c47265a1fe3532c7721cd.jpg

They showed the new logo during a commercial break... not bad at all and a much needed upgrade over the one they've used since 1980. They're also going to go by "JET 24" rather than JET-TV as they have since 1999.

[ATTACH]982.IPB[/ATTACH]

EDIT: New look is being rolled out slowly. The noon newscast has updated weather graphics, but nothing else has changed. The old logo is still being used. The weather graphics look very nice. JET Pinpoint Weather will become "Your Weather Authority".

I don't have a capture card so I have cell phone photos. I apologize for the quality.

1601mk5.jpg

Forecast First segment.

fejmrn.jpg

Current Conditions

4t3868.jpg

Temperature Maps, colors correspondent

za4oy.jpg

Dew Points

95vb40.jpg

Tonight's Forecast

286qxzr.jpg

Tomorrow's Forecast

oji0lv.jpg

7-Day Forecast

The weather graphics are already a huge upgrade over what they had

2w4be9x.jpg

2mpwv8m.jpg

I can't wait to see the rest of the new look!

The new weather graphics look like those used by the local stations of Canada's Global TV.

New graphics and music rolled out today. The new look would be good for a Top-25 market.

New theme is News Matrix, which is one of the Arnold themes I actually like. No complaints about any of the changes, it's a huge upgrade.

Even better, Ray Otis is still the voiceover.

Archived