FX Group launches mobile site

fxgroup

Do you think people are really going to want to look at the FX site on their cell phone or PDAs?

Being an uninformed member of the general public, obviously with no real experience working in a television station (or even being at one), I wouldn't expect you to understand why FX would launch this either.

But to anyone who works at a TV station, they could see how a GM could show his CSD on his SmartPhone what their set design might look like and also show it to other people interested at the station without calling them over to his PC.

Does it hurt to branch out into markets like this? No.

Will it cost FX Group a lot of money to do this? What do you think...?

Not everyone who visits their site is a fan. I'm sure people, known as "clients", might also be interested in looking at the site.

I find it hard to understand the logic behind a lot of the rants at this site...

speaking of a rant... ::)

The site will be used I'm sure... I know before when I was out at dinner I pulled it up on me PDA to check something... go ahead... bash me ::)

Being an uninformed member of the general public, obviously with no real experience working in a television station (or even being at one), I wouldn't expect you to understand why FX would launch this either.

But to anyone who works at a TV station, they could see how a GM could show his CSD on his SmartPhone what their set design might look like and also show it to other people interested at the station without calling them over to his PC.

I work at a TV station you dumbass. No one looks up industry website on their PDAs, and yeah, I'm sure its the GM looking at sets and graphics ::) obviously its you who has never worked at a station...that would be the PROMOTIONS director you phuck.

The pretend station in your basement doesn't count. Not every station entirely looks upon a promotions director to make changes to the on-air presentation either.

I work at a TV station you dumbass. No one looks up industry website on their PDAs, and yeah, I'm sure its the GM looking at sets and graphics ::) obviously its you who has never worked at a station...that would be the PROMOTIONS director you phuck.

Where I work? Yeah, it would be the GM, the ND and the CSD. Promotions and creative are completely seperate over here.

Where I work? Yeah, it would be the GM, the ND and the CSD. Promotions and creative are completely seperate over here.

Does your promotions team ever work with the also entirely seperate sales department to produce an on-air promo???

I heard a rumor saying that there are bigger markets than Tyler, TX, and that 1+ year in the industry does not make you TV Guru almighty and give you automatic rights to talk down to people.

You get that at the 5 year mark. ;D

Regardless, I wish all websites one day will be come mobile-friendly. It's so handy, as Dak described, to check on something being it prices, directions, and facebook :p

Archived