No Roz, NO 2!

Gemini365i

That does it. ONLY tried to watch 2 because ma gurl was there. Of course as people have said all along, she got CBS'd!

As well as every other good anchor around.

Pleae come back home Roz. You know where it's at. 7!

Did anyone happen to catch the piece where Roz was speaking, and she blurted: "on.......EYEWITNESS News", a few months ago. I thought it was so funny. Her heart is still over at ABC!

Thank the lord she's not on that RAG channel 2 anymore! I held it in out of respect for her!

Love you much,

JE

That's the only reason I watched Channel 2 also, because Roz was there. I really hope she comes back to NYC TV. I wonder if the rumor is true that she's going to NBC 4..

I second that. She's the only thing that made channel 2 even remotely watchable.

Thats why WABC beat them significantly by over 200% its probably has something to do with Roz Abrams, especially considering how significant that percentage is. Anyway as much as we all want her to return to WABC, there is simply no way that could happen, unless she returns to correspond for the station, which I doubt will happen as she is someone that would prefer anchoring.

-Vlad

If Roz comes back to ABC 7, this is my idea of what the anchor teams should look like.

Eyewitness News this Morning

Fine the Way it is

Eyewitness News at Noon

Diana Williams

Sade Bederinwa

Bill Evans-Weather

Eyewitness News at 5

Liz Cho

Diana Williams

Lee Goldberg-Weather

Eyewitness News at 6 and 11

Bill Ritter

Roz Abrams

Lee Goldberg-Weather

Scott Clark-Sports

What do you guys think?

If Roz comes back to ABC 7, this is my idea of what the anchor teams should look like.

Eyewitness News this Morning

Fine the Way it is

Eyewitness News at Noon

Diana Williams

Sade Bederinwa

Bill Evans-Weather

Eyewitness News at 5

Liz Cho

Diana Williams

Lee Goldberg-Weather

Eyewitness News at 6 and 11

Bill Ritter

Roz Abrams

Lee Goldberg-Weather

Scott Clark-Sports

What do you guys think?

That could work. ;)

-Vlad

Yea I like it, but why not Sade at noon and 5 and then send Liz to be a reporter. I like Sade but I am not too thrill about Liz.

Well it would really depend on the situation of Liz's contract. Which I'm not sure if she has renewed or what the status on it is. And I doubt Liz would want to leave the station, she seems pretty happy working with Bill and I think they make a great team. Their personalities fit the hours in which they are broadcasting on. This applies to all the anchors on the station. Which is why they should all remain where they are.

-Vlad

Thats why WABC beat them significantly by over 200% its probably has something to do with Roz Abrams, especially considering how significant that percentage is. Anyway as much as we all want her to return to WABC, there is simply no way that could happen, unless she returns to correspond for the station, which I doubt will happen as she is someone that would prefer anchoring.

-Vlad

That statistic you are referring to is wrong. The over 200% lead (in the age group 25-54) is over FOX5 not CBS2. Although i do miss Roz's presence i don't agree that ratings would depend that much on who's anchoring. The significant lead that WABC has over the other 3 stations at 5 and 6pm is because of the lead-in from Oprah. If Oprah was on CBS2, they would find the same success that ABC7 is enjoying now.

I was thinking, Roz had a long term contract with CBS2, if they didnt want her at the news desk they could give her a talk show at 9am-10am and scrap the repeats of ET and the Insider. What do you think?

That would be a excellent idea! But then again it would make too much sense...All of us would want that to happen, but it wont.

I have to disagree. Jesus' ressurection could be the lead-in for WCBS and they'd squander the lead-in.

If you're thinking were true, WCBS would be #1 at 11.

One cannot deny the fact that Oprah has some affect at 5 and 6pm. The point is, WABC is able to retain the 5,6pm viewers into the 11pm newscast. Viewers of WABC at 5 & 6pm logically would tune to the 11pm newscast as well, since they're accustomed to the reporters and anchors already, even if they do watch CBS in primetime. Let's be fair here, ABC isn't doing so bad itself in primetime as well, I'm sure that's helping in the lead-in at 11pm. My originial point was that anchors are not the only reason for ratings as some had suggested

Archived