Your Brain on Music

A3N

Is this a spinoff of Stephen Arnold? I noticed that they have the packages that were released not too long ago. Does this have anything to do with the whole SESAC situation?

As I understand it, yes.

We're starting to shop for a new music package (or 2), so I spoke with Joe Faulkner, who explained that they are creating an alternative for stations who are looking for music that is license (or at least SESAC)-free.

As a low power, we can't use any music licensed by SESAC, because unlike BMI and ASCAP, they haven't signed the LP music agreement.

And, given the attitude their regional rep cops every time he calls our station, I really wouldn't want to.

I already wrote a topic about this some time ago, but I can't find it...it was before Stephen Arnold named the new division "Your Brain on Music", but these packages are indeed going to be the new path that the Stephen Arnold company is going. The five packages under "Your Brain on Music" are:

-Frequency (the KTXA package)

-360 (the KLAS package)

-Connection (the KFMB package)

-SAM has asked that we not reveal the names of the two brand new packages they've finished so far, one of them has a similar sound to Overture, I'm sure its going to be a big hit, the other one is more electronic.

What's great is that these packages are not licensed under SESAC -- unfortunately, the SESAC packages will probably be phased out because of the high prices of the SESAC firm.

I think NMSA has the two packages. Are they Viral and Lighthouse? they have those two samples

So all of the classic Arnold packs will be phased out? :'(

God, I hope not. Too many genuinely good music packages (Evolution, Third Coast, Extreme, etc.) just to go to waste.

Mr. NMSA could probably chime in on this, but I'm guessing that YBOM is going to where the next series of Arnold packages will pop up. I'm gonna guess that since Stephen Arnold Music is signed with SESAC at present, they had to create a new entity so that their new packages can bypass the new SESAC structure and make things more budget friendly.

I am sure that the old packages won't be phased out...

Guest wfaa8fan

The KLAS package is really good. Plus the graphics are nice, one of GO's best gfx packs out there.

Well GO only did the graphic elements, I think Ben Butin (and his company) gets the rest of the credit...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived