Gari's Hometown News

AdamTheJ

I believe that Hometown News by Frank Gari is so underrated and so underappreciated, and am surprised that only one station, KPRC in Houston, has used it. Wouldn't you agree with me that other stations should use this theme?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I believe that Hometown News by Frank Gari is so underrated and so underappreciated, and am surprised that only one station, KPRC in Houston, has used it. Wouldn't you agree with me that other stations should use this theme?

The signature is great, and the melodies rock. However, the close is not suitable in practical terms. It ends rather abruptly and without much fanfare, leaving an unfavorable transition to commercial or the next program.

• 2 weeks later...

This just in: News 2 Houston has commissioned a new series of Hometown News themes! I can't wait to hear it!

Where did you hear this? They're still using Series III for the opens and Advantage for everything else.

Do you know when this might debut?

As of the 4pm newscast, KPRC is still using Advantage. One day last week, I noticed they brought Advantage back to the opens. So, there is no Hometown News on any of their newscasts currently.

I can only hope they do commission a Series 4 Hometown News. The cuts of Advantage they use are hideously old.

There's an obvious lack of continuity since several of the opens throughout the day have used Advantage off and on over the past few weeks, and the morning updates still retain it as well. Most of the time, however it is Hometown News once again.

Not sure if it's more to do with something waiting in the wings or a n00b who couldn't press the right buttons or load the right files at the right time.

Archived