WCBS Goes HD Today/Tomorrow?

qwertynyc

The pics can be used as evidence. I think the set looks horrible with the blue and grey and wood all together. Too much going on. The birch wood desk looks cheap, i think a darker color wood would fit nice, perhaps mahogany.

What bothers me is the improper depiction of the NYC skyline on their backdrop. Looking at the picture, it's a shot from the Jersey side of the Hudson River, based on the proximity of Worldwide Plaza on the left.

The problem is where the Chrysler Building is. In the picture, it's south (to the right) of the Empire State Building. Since when is the Chrysler buidling south of Empire from either vantage point? LOL. I understand the desire to have the iconic skyscrapers in the shot, but to have to change the landscape seems pretty silly to me.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you nynewsguy, I immediately recalled the days of Grand. Looks like they are trying to revisit the better days. Let's see if it works this time, I'm actually holding some faith for them this time around. btw can anybody post video of the new open?

Once again, another chapter in the story of WCBS-TV.

Interesting, I'll say that.

Too bad WABC is going to trump everyone come the fall.

nynewsguy ---

As I understand it, WABC will also be utilizing HD field cameras when it launches its full HD package in Fall. Is this correct?

Once again, another chapter in the story of WCBS-TV.

Interesting, I'll say that.

Too bad WABC is going to trump everyone come the fall.

nynewsguy ---

As I understand it, WABC will also be utilizing HD field cameras when it launches its full HD package in Fall. Is this correct?

Right you are. Everything will be HD (except non-HD affiliate feed) when WABC rolls out in the fall.

Why do people keep complaining about the font? It's very clear and easy to read. What's so wrong? Is it supposed to be in cursive script? What makes their new graphics/font so wrong as compared to everyone else's?

Sorry...I just don't understand why this is so wrong. I'm the first guy willing to jump on WCBS, but it sounds a little pety to me.

It is easy to read, but I think we all have come to expect something more of supers rather than a font that we all commonly use. On another note, I give WCBS a lot of credit for dropping Bill Ratner as their voice over guy and bringing in Brian Lee. He is the voice guy for NBC, CNN, and MANY other news stations (ironically enough he was also the voice guy for WTVJ former home of Lonnie Quinn). I think he is much better than Ratner.

I really like the new music they're using, especially the end, when they used for the close. It's robust and authoritative.

Does anyone have a video or clip of WCBS new close music?

Archived