1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Registration and sign in using a Twitter, Facebook, or Google account is temporarily unavailable. Please see this post for details.
    Dismiss Notice

WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Discussion in 'Station Chatter' started by Smitha A, Jan 1, 2012.

1. nynewslover

nynewslover Primary Anchor

Watching the noon newscast it looks like they updated the backdrop. A new and updated image of Lower Manhattan

2. 24994J

24994J Chief Meteorologist
    Forum Moderator

I like it. The coloring doesn't look as muddy or unnatural, and the imagery is sharper. Overall, a much better look, and I kinda like the blue and red trim at the bottom that matches the graphics.

bandicam 2018-09-12 15-40-06-413.png

Points are lost, though, for that random blue strip running down the right side of the display.

bandicam 2018-09-12 15-49-53-427.png

wabceyewitness likes this.
  3. nynewslover

nynewslover Primary Anchor

Sade is anchoring at 5 tonight.

4. Newsfan

Newsfan Assignment Editor

Sade anchored at 5 BUT she only did a half hour and Bill Ritter did the 5:30 part. Kinda weird how that went but it was still so good seeing Sade next to Diana again.

5. Vlad

Vlad News Director

Very nice background. They are finally making use of the tech they have! :). But I guess not for long as they are moving buildings soon...

Why did she not stay for the full broadcast? I guess they are slowly getting her back in the groove. :)

24994J likes this.
  6. CircleSeven

CircleSeven Midnight Presenter
    Forum Moderator

They won't be moving until the new building is completed. And that's a few years out.

Eyewitness News-man and 24994J like this.
  7. Vlad

Vlad News Director

Is this a new permanent backdrop? I don't recall what they used for the 11pm broadcast, but it looked like they may have used the new skyline of Lower Manhattan it for the morning show as well. I wish they used a live video feed though of different areas of the city kinda like what KABC and KGO does in the west, would be a bit better. :)

8. Newsfan

Newsfan Assignment Editor

They seem to use the Midtown Manhattan skyline for 11pm. I'd like to see live action shots of the city too. I thought i was the only one who wanted to see Channel 7 do that lol

9. TVNewsLover

TVNewsLover AM Anchor

They had the same setup today, with Sade only doing the 5pm half hour and Bill doing the 5:30pm half hour.