WABC - 7 Eyewitness News

Discussion in 'Station Chatter' started by Smitha A, Jan 1, 2012.

1. LarryFlick

LarryFlick Assignment Editor

Is it me or do they practically have Shirleen Allicot working round-the-clock since she's returned from maternity leave? It's great to have her back, but, wow...

2. Roadgeek Adam

Roadgeek Adam Assignment Editor

We have had a bunch of days off lately. David and Diana are both off this week. Sade has been in and out this week. So things have been a bit wacko.

3. Bill from Maspeth

Bill from Maspeth Assignment Editor

Shirleen has been off the noon news lately and has been on at 4 and 5. There are so many missing lately I can't keep track: Williams. Sade, Navarro. I was shocked yesterday : A FRIDAY and Ritter and Cho did both the 5 and 6 with Ritter going solo at 11.

Noon Thursday were Nelson and Glassburg. Noon Friday was Rosado and Glasssburg.

I can't believe they allow so many anchors to take off at one time, but hey, it's their business, not mine!

4. wabceyewitness

wabceyewitness Managing Editor

It's August. It's always like this.

5. LarryFlick

It was fascinating to note that Lori Stokes and Sandra Bookman were paired for the very first time last week on the anchor desk. How is it possible that they haven't worked together in nearly 20 years?

Daybreak, 24994J and CircleSeven like this.
  6. Roadgeek Adam

Roadgeek Adam Assignment Editor

Weird stuff like that happens. Liz Cho and Ken Rosato had their first time during Shirleen's maternity leave. They made light of that.

7. nydem2015

nydem2015 Assignment Editor

It was also the last time. Did Sandra fill in for Ken?

LarryFlick likes this.
  8. LarryFlick

Yep. She sure did. Oddly, they didn't have the best on air chemistry... even though I enjoy and respect them both.

9. nydem2015

nydem2015 Assignment Editor

It seems Joe anchored solo tonight at 11. Was he solo for the early evening newscast?

10. nynewslover

nynewslover Primary Anchor

Yes.

11. LarryFlick

Am I detecting on-air chemistry testing with Ken Rosato for several women? So far, we've seen him Lauren Glassberg, Sandra Bookman, and Toni Yates. And, of course, we all know that he's great with Michelle Charlesworth and Shirleen Allicot. I know it's vacation time, but it seems like someone is playing a little anchor chess.

12. LarryFlick

He did... and as good as Joe Torres is, 90 minutes solo (save for weather and sport) is a LONG time. It felt a bit weird.

13. nynewslover

nynewslover Primary Anchor

Noticed that too. However, both Michelle and Sandra were off this weekend so it's likely vacation playing a factor. I really don't see Toni as a lead morning anchor though. We could also see someone completely unexpected to replace Lori. Remember when Steve was fired no one expected Ken to get the spot. Weren't the top contenders originally Phil Lipof, Jeff Rossen and Joe Torres?

14. wabceyewitness

wabceyewitness Managing Editor

Ken said in his Facebook Live that they are trying out anchors and we'd see a rotation over the next few weeks.

RE: Jeff Rossen -- he was a close second to Ken for the job. He started looking for other opportunities after being passed over which is how he ended up at NBC.

15. Vlad

Vlad News Director

Yeah and they did this when Lori was alone too when Steve Bartelstein left. So they'll keep trying different ones until they find the right fit. Who knows, maybe it could be Michelle? Or maybe even Lauren Glassberg, I hope she gets it. Personally, I think Lauren Glassberg is similar in style to Lori with the way she delivers the news and she just has this grace about how its delivered that really suits her and the station well. Very similar to Lori's style of delivery.

16. Bill from Maspeth

Bill from Maspeth Assignment Editor

Today (Tues. 8/22): Noon anchors Liz and Michelle.