1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Registration and sign in using a Twitter, Facebook, or Google account is temporarily unavailable. Please see this post for details.
    Dismiss Notice

The ESPN Thread

Discussion in 'Sport Center' started by NCFLMedia, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Mrtraveler01

Mrtraveler01 Managing Editor

It probably would look decent if it wasnt italicized.

2. NCFLMedia

NCFLMedia Station Group CEO

This show is going away in just months. If Beadle's leaving and the show is cutting back in hours, it will just be like High Noon... gone real fast before it barely existed.

3. Darius22

Darius22 News Director

this looks almost like the bottom line from 1999.

4. Spring Rubber

Spring Rubber AM Anchor

Wonder how ESPN will justify the studio space they built in NYC? Just move the morning edition of SportsCenter out there?

5. CaptainBAL

CaptainBAL I have Stanley, What do you have?

The number font they used is similar to what the Nashville Predators previously wore on their uniforms.

6. Georgie56

Georgie56 Happy Warrior

7. Eat News

Eat News Station Group CEO

8. Viper550

Viper550 News Director

US Open world feed has retouched graphics this year (different font and new color scheme for the new logo), but it's still arguably better than the actual ESPN graphics (unchanged, which is surprising given that they've gone back towards using dedicated looks for flagship events)

(old)

Hilariously the video review still uses graphics based on the old 2006 CBS package.

9. TheFizzle21

TheFizzle21 Assignment Editor

Correct if I'm wrong, but First Take is heading to NYC, which I assume means that show will be out in that studio as well. So I can see one of two outcomes where (1) FT gets a different set in the same building OR (2) gets a space in that same area where Get Up takes place and just have FT start at the wide desk while the Get Up team ends the show standing up elsewhere.

On a side note, I think a morning show is kind of a hard sell in the sports television world. ESPN had things in a good place when Mike & Mike was simulcast from their radio feed, but that's no longer a thing now. I would much rather flip SC AM as I wake up to catch my daily sports feed of the day before, but as we know, the information-to-go era has rocked the TV landscape in every way possible, hence why Bristol's own had to come up with a morning show they thought people would make it worth tuning into, if not, keeping up with on social media as many do now a days. I'm guessing their struggle is maybe they are trying too hard to replace M&M by going astray from that style of a sports morning show.

10. MorningNews

MorningNews News Director

I've seen Jemele on ESPN twice already this week which is more than she's appeared in the last 6 months. I guess she's getting some last minute exposure.

11. WCAUTVNBC10

WCAUTVNBC10 Troglodyte Homunculus

I'm sure both she and Michelle Beadle will be clucking away on The View in no time.

MorningNews likes this.
  12. NCFLMedia

NCFLMedia Station Group CEO

She's on Highly Questionable all this week (4:30 p.m. ET on ESPNews this week)

13. TheFizzle21

In response to why the ABC logo is blackened in the ticker, it's a network thing. Promos for the shows set to come around in the fall have the blackened logo as well, so unless the news department doesn't follow suit, the color-modded logo is dead.

14. Viper550

Viper550 News Director

The ticker is awful

But Saturday Night Football got some new insert graphics based on the CFP package too.

tjt24 likes this.
  15. oknewsguy

oknewsguy News Director

I think ABC is phasing out having the color-coded logos in favor of just the standard black logo, last time I checked earlier today while I was watching the Washington-Auburn game, I think ABC is only used the red-colored version of the logo for certain promos (but that's just my educated guess)

16. TheFizzle21

I have my doubts that they are keeping the red shade logo. I watched that same game, which is, to no surprise, where I found the promos for their comedy and drama shows. On the other hand, the promos I've seen for games on ABC use the solid black logo. Hence, it wouldn't make sense as the network already abandoned that concept around their scripted shows and the news shows will follow suit soon (the logo is updated in a newer promo for GMA Day).

---------------------​
    On a side note, did anyone watch NC A&T vs East Carolina? I noticed that game still had the previous CFB package based on the 2014 SportsCenter look.

17. WCAUTVNBC10

WCAUTVNBC10 Troglodyte Homunculus

NFL Live has new insert graphics and a top of the screen banner rundown. espn.png espn2.png

18. swillh2k2

swillh2k2 AM Anchor

Interesting how ESPN's graphics were standardized across all its properties - now each one (SportsCenter, MLB, NBA, CFB, CBB, NFL) has a unique package.

oknewsguy and TheFizzle21 like this.
  19. AaronQ

AaronQ News Director

Lol ESPN doesn't have the updated version of France's crest. It was during halftime of the UEFA Nations League between Germany vs France.[​IMG]

20. Viper550

Viper550 News Director

ESPN adjusted their updated college football scoreboard, extending it down a bit to move the timeouts and win/loss counters, and re-arranged the clock area to a stacked layout where the clock is bigger when the down count is hidden. A bit cleaner but still thought the old vertical one was better